SiouxSports.com Forum

Bengals vs Hawks Sept 14, 2024

Nodak78

Bengals are 1-1 

They lost to Oregon State 38-15. Bengals gave 400 yards rush.  Sounds like a recipe for victory.

Bengals gear western Oregon 50-10

Bengals have had our number at time.  Not this year.  UND is Young but more mature and tough.

40 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Last time we played them - it was in Idaho and we won fairly easy. The ghost of Idaho State is past. 

0-2 at home vs. Idaho State and 4-1 on the road. Last L came in Pocatello but after a dramatic big win at the Alerus over Cal Poly. Year before came after a dramatic road win vs Sam Houston and we lost at home to ISU. Those Idaho State teams finished 6-5 and 3-9. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, sioux24/7 said:

0-2 at home vs. Idaho State and 4-1 on the road. Last L came in Pocatello but after a dramatic big win at the Alerus over Cal Poly. Year before came after a dramatic road win vs Sam Houston and we lost at home to ISU. Those Idaho State teams finished 6-5 and 3-9. 

Yea we’ve seen this script before a few too many times. Just survive this one please. Ground and pound.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

I remember the one we lost at home...I think both our safeties were out and we were very thin in the secondary and they figured that out and took advantage of that in the second half and we couldn't stop them through the air. 

5 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

I remember the one we lost at home...I think both our safeties were out and we were very thin in the secondary and they figured that out and took advantage of that in the second half and we couldn't stop them through the air. 

My memory too.  Couldn't stop the air attack.

The bengals return 8 starters on offense and 9 on defense from last season, so they’ll likely be much improved this year. Looks like they brought in some transfers that are already making an impact. Their QB is a senior transfer from Utah Tech and safety from CMU who started there quite a bit in 2022. 

Lets beat the dead horse.  Last week doesn't matter.  Gotta go 1-0 this week regardless of the opponent.  

I think the run game opens things up for Simon to go play action and make some plays on the move with his feet. 

I'll say Hawks win 30-24.    

I thought the Nate has a couple of solid catches in the second half to keep drives alive. Montana did have some athletes in that secondary. I can’t imagine ISU secondary is the same in athleticism. 

Defensively if we can get pressure from a 4 man rush and crazy pressure with five we should be fine defensively. It was nice watching our defense not always relying on “0” blitz to get pressure against Montana. 

• Upvote 3

ISU was the number 1 passing team last year we are #5 this year and we have a run game.  For the first game ISU played 4 QBs now we have our starter. Our WRs are bigger and faster than anything you are going to see. In the OSU game ISU QBs were sacked 2 times and they were not true sacks as the backup fell over his own feet and the other back up froze. The starter was not touched and scored with three plays on OSU starting D. UND is no OSU, you might run it on us, but unlike Montana we can throw and score quick.  If we get in a shootout, it will be fun.

Just remember ISU is 2-0 at UND… GO Bengals!!!!

25 minutes ago, Bengal 6 said:

ISU was the number 1 passing team last year we are #5 this year and we have a run game.  For the first game ISU played 4 QBs now we have our starter. Our WRs are bigger and faster than anything you are going to see. In the OSU game ISU QBs were sacked 2 times and they were not true sacks as the backup fell over his own feet and the other back up froze. The starter was not touched and scored with three plays on OSU starting D. UND is no OSU, you might run it on us, but unlike Montana we can throw and score quick.  If we get in a shootout, it will be fun.

Glad to hear from a Bengal.  Look forward to a great fan. QB looks tough fast receivers.  Our running game on your defense, what? Looking forward to a great game.

45 minutes ago, Bengal 6 said:

How many 28 year old wrs you got this year?

35 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Glad to hear from a Bengal.  Look forward to a great fan. QB looks tough fast receivers.  Our running game on your defense, what? Looking forward to a great game.

Wish I could make the trip but will have to watch from home. Just glad UND beat Montana!