SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Iowa State 8/31/24

SiouxFan100

On 8/17/2024 at 12:15 PM, SiouxHawkGuy said:

UND needs

Didn't realize your campus was so far from downtown Grand Forks.  I knew that the arena right along 29 is where your football team played, but I always assumed that was farther from campus than it is.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Didn't realize your campus was so far from downtown Grand Forks.  I knew that the arena right along 29 is where your football team played, but I always assumed that was farther from campus than it is.

a rich farmer "gave" a few acres to the city for free so he could up the value of land around that he owned.....not the greatest spot for getting in an out for large events but at the rate bubba has us going getting in and especailly out after und football is pretty easy at this point :)

• Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Pretty much zero bars/restaurants within walking distance from campus.   

12 minutes ago, SiouxHawkGuy said:

northside cafe is doing pretty well in the old suite 49....they do have a liquor license but they don't stay open too late i don't think considering they more a cafe....their omlettes are awesome.

root beer on tap too

44 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Didn't realize your campus was so far from downtown Grand Forks.  

We're talking Grand Forks here: It's two miles from downtown to campus. 

The Alerus property likely touches Ray Richard's Golf Course so it "touches" campus. 

20 minutes ago, SiouxHawkGuy said:

whoever planned what the bronson property would or could look like when REA was built must have been drunk.....it couldn't been a cooler/newer/SAFER version dinkytown...but totall airball so far...

• Upvote 2

said this before but gf should put a free trolley style tram/bus that runs down the middle of uni to the red pepper (not bc it's the red pepper but bc it wouldn't have to cross the x trax) from the front of the union.....goes back and forth and people get on and off for free...runs 24/7

2 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

said this before but gf should put a free trolley style tram/bus that runs down the middle of uni to the red pepper (not bc it's the red pepper but bc it wouldn't have to cross the x trax) from the front of the union.....goes back and forth and people get on and off for free...runs 24/7

Add a couple more blocks and have the drop off in between Kelly's and The Hub.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

We've been over this ... 

... many times ... 

:D 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, forksandspoons said:

I feel like we saw Romfo in more important situations last season than Feeney. 

He threw 2 passes last season....two. Completed both for 11 yards.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, forksandspoons said:

I feel like we saw Romfo in more important situations last season than Feeney. 

We never really saw Feeney at all last year, unfortunately.  He only got in when it was well past garbage time. When that Northern Iowa game was going the way it was, it seems like someone should have come in earlier than the 4th quarter to see if could create a spark. 

I believe Iowa State's starting OL will look something like this. Some of the backups are even larger. 

LT - James Neal - R-Jr. 6'6", 330lbs

LG - Jarrod Hufford - R-Sr. 6'5", 320lbs

C - Jim Bonifas - R-Jr. 6'5", 315lbs

RG - Deylin Hasert - R-So. 6'4", 315lbs

RT - Tyler Miller - R-Sr. 6'9", 330lbs

9 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

I believe Iowa State's starting OL will look something like this. Some of the backups are even larger. 

Corn fed ...

• Upvote 2

On 8/21/2024 at 3:22 PM, forksandspoons said:

Jalen Travis will likely be LT.  He's 6'7", 340lbs

LG - Neal

C- Hufford

RG - Brendan Black, 6'4" 320

RT - Miller

Bonifas and Hasert will probably be rotational guys.  I expect both to play a lot, but that Travis/Neal/Hufford/Black/Miller would be my guess as the starters.