SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2024-25

cberkas

5 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Can't argue that, but what about Hobie? Does that kick him to the portal? Also, is Hampton ready to play in the NCHC? Hobie showed he can.

And just so we're clear, I'm not against bringing in Hampton as he seems like he's got the goods. But, I'm not ready to bail on either Hobie or Heil. If Heil does take two years, then it'll be fine, but that means Hobie again has a big battle for playing time that I'm sure he'd appreciate not to have to have lol.

That’s the way this should be assessed to be honest. How does it impact Hobie, because Heil could be two years away plus.

I honestly don’t think it’s an issue to have both. I’m not entirely sold that Hobie can take the reins yet, but I doubt he wants to be third string. To me they’re two separate types of prospects. Hampton is a mid round NHL draft pick that (I believe) just won USHL goaltender of the year (albeit on a stacked team). Hobie struggled pretty bad in the ushl and went North. He looked ok last year. I’m just not sure you could pass on Hampton if that opportunity presented itself. You’d get him for at least three years. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Yeah, I don't get that guy at all...let's play our most important games in an empty arena.

Edit: let's play in quiet, lifeless, empty arena. I don't get the logic. 

Just now, Goon said:

Edit: let's play in quiet, lifeless, empty arena. I don't get the logic. 

There's your problem: Wrong Brain. 

You're trying to use the logical one in a situation where illogic seems to dominate.
Use the "three sheets to the wind one" and it'll make sense. :D  

• Upvote 1

On 6/6/2024 at 4:10 PM, cberkas said:

These stood out. The checking from behind I like because you keep seeing players turn at the last minute on what would be a clean hit that ends up being a major. 

I liked the Penalty rule, thought they should keep it, if you score, before the penalty take effect, you really don't benefit from the penalty. 

23 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

There's your problem: Wrong Brain. 

You're trying to use the logical one in a situation where illogic seems to dominate.
Use the "three sheets to the wind one" and it'll make sense. :D  

Ha! Three sheets. Even bombed this doesn't make a lot of sense. :) 

16 minutes ago, nd jg said:

I liked the Penalty rule, thought they should keep it, if you score, before the penalty take effect, you really don't benefit from the penalty. 

I was listening to the USCHO Podcast, and they were talking about how NCAA is trying to be like the NHL. They all agreed that you don't see the double (goal on a delayed penalty and following power play) that often so the change wasn't needed. They also said they would like the puck over the glass delay of game called, which I agree it should be. 

8 minutes ago, cberkas said:

I was listening to the USCHO Podcast, and they were talking about how NCAA is trying to be like the NHL. They all agreed that you don't see the double (goal on a delayed penalty and following power play) that often so the change wasn't needed. They also said they would like the puck over the glass delay of game called, which I agree it should be. 

I think the NHL should adopt this as well.  If you want scoring to go up, this is one way to help increase that.

Just now, nd jg said:

I think the NHL should adopt this as well.  If you want scoring to go up, this is one way to help increase that.

It used to be you had 2 minutes to score as many times as you could but that changed because of the Canadians.

I am surprised the NHL never adopted the NCAA rule for a goal on a delayed penalty. 

On 6/13/2024 at 6:28 PM, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Was expecting something worthy of an eye roll, but this is.....something

Not even the best in his conference.

IRC didn't Wodon go to Cornell? 

On 6/13/2024 at 6:28 PM, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Was expecting something worthy of an eye roll, but this is.....something

Not even the best in his conference.

Well, he did get to one Frozen Four in those 30 years.  

(And shared the 2019-2020 national COTY Award with a Mr Berry from North Dakota.)

did st thomas "add" more good stuff into their final final plans for their hockey/bball arena?

they released some final drawings and wonder if the first drawings got some donors to pony up to dress it up even more?

12 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

so the ccha is so pissed at st thomas they might "kick em out" a year early!?

haha....that would be 2 conferences in a short time span "kickng em out"....love it

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/schlossman-why-the-nchc-expedited-st-thomas-application

Both St. Thomas and the NCHC believed the CCHA was within 48 hours of voting to increase exit fees significantly.

The NCHC acted fast enough that St. Thomas will avoid paying any exit fee altogether. According to CCHA bylaws, there was no exit fee if a team gave the league a two-year notice. The Tommies did that.

CCHA members were furious about the quick exit — and the fallout might not be over.

There is a belief among some at St. Thomas that the CCHA is preparing to kick the Tommies out of the league after this season, leaving them as an independent in 2025-26.

Also in that article:

• The NCHC is close to finalizing a new rule that would wipe out travel roster limits. Right now, teams can only travel with 23 players for conference games. Once finalized, teams will be able to travel and play everyone.

• Like 2