SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA tilt: UND vs the Maize and Blue

Oxbow6

Just now, Blackheart said:

Tough one to watch…feel like Michigan got some bounces but we disappeared for the opening 10-15 minutes of the 3rd.  Not sure what happened to UND down the stretch but they were never able to recapture the intensity of the last DU series.  The his was definitely a winnable game but somehow we come up short again.  Damn.

Seemed to switch into normal Berry/staff mode the last minute of the first, getting lucky to not give up one.  Had some lulls in 2nd and got incredibly and unbelievably destroyed in the first half of the 3rd.  Two goal deficit brought some effort and urgency back but it was too little, too late.  This is UND hockey now.  One and done.  Eaves 2.0 is accurate.  Remember the Woog days and the golden choker label?  

Feel like we are too soft. Nobody on offense showed up but Johannes,  Gabe’s, 1.5 periods, Blake, wish we had Johannes another year. Kunz a little at the end. Nothing from Anyone else.  We are not hungry enough. 

In general, I thought most of our d-men played ok. Person unfortunately will be hating himself for his skate own goal but thought that was his best game of the year. Our young D held up pretty well considering. We need to find somebody who can win a face off.

Is Berry on the hot seat?

• Upvote 2

For everyone calling for a new coach. If UMD had the same lack of patience they would have never had their run of titles. You are entitled to your opinion, but I challenge you to be more optimistic about the program. Bubs has a great recruiting class coming in next year, most everyone will be back, let’s support and see what they can do. If you don’t have faith in the team, feel free to support another team 

13 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

At the end of the day Ludvig can't make a mistake on a simple play to make it 2-2 early in the 3rd. Just can't. Completely changed the direction of the game.

Oh well......

That play was hugely deflating, but the 4th goal after failing ti keep a puck in the zone was the back breaker. 

Just now, Parkers Pros said:

Feel like we are too soft. Nobody on offense showed up but Johannes,  Gabe’s, 1.5 periods, Blake, wish we had Johannes another year. Kunz a little at the end. Nothing from Anyone else.  We are not hungry enough. 

In general, I thought most of our d-men played ok. Person unfortunately will be hating himself for his skate own goal but thought that was his best game of the year. Our young D held up pretty well considering. We need to find somebody who can win a face off.

Good analysis. I feel like Gaber was MIA for part of the game

• Like 1

Just now, Parkers Pros said:

I think we all know the answer to that.

This loss doesn’t hurt as much as some for me. Going into tourney this year I didn’t think we had much of shot at winning it all. To me they just didn’t pass the eye test as a team that could win four straight. 

9 hours ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

Hush. Your mouth you will be called a leadgie

I forgot about the 2-7 record in Frozen Faceoff semi-final games.  That’s a postseason record of 3-11, folks.  

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Well I didn't say it but it's probably an accurate way to describe some of the play.

If I had edited that comment for whomever wrote it I'd have used

"from moment to moment Blake's Hockey IQ yo-yos from the vision of a God on ice, to a blind mouse  cloaked in the arrogance of unmastered ability".

but I didn't write it.

Thank. Yes. What I meant. 

2 minutes ago, TwamleyShuffle said:

For everyone calling for a new coach. If UMD had the same lack of patience they would have never had their run of titles. You are entitled to your opinion, but I challenge you to be more optimistic about the program. Bubs has a great recruiting class coming in next year, most everyone will be back, let’s support and see what they can do. If you don’t have faith in the team, feel free to support another team 

There is a huge difference between the team that Sandy took over compared to the team that Berry took over.

• Like 1

Just now, MafiaMan said:

I forgot about the 2-7 record in Frozen Faceoff semi-final games.  That’s a postseason record of 3-12, folks.  

download.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, rochsioux said:

This loss doesn’t hurt as much as some for me. Going into tourney this year I didn’t think we had much of shot at winning it all. To me they just didn’t pass the eye test as a team that could win four straight. 

For me I’m think back to how we started with a whole new slate of d men and how they’ve come along way. Better days ahead

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, cberkas said:

I still stand by Brad Berry is the Mike Eaves of UND a Mike Eaves 2.0

No Eaves literally had zero interest in the players... I dint fault Berry in that area at all

12 minutes ago, cowboys5xsbs said:

Should have chosen a more serious university we don't care about winning here 

You can choose this at any time, don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord... you know the rest

6 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

Hush. Your mouth you will be called a leadgie

I'm sure there will be a few arrogant asssmooochers with a 78 IQ, a 3rd grade writing level and a blog full of reprinted unoriginal thought that will absolutely point that out on the socials.

2 minutes ago, rochsioux said:

It would have hurt less if we wouldn’t have gone into the 3rd with the lead and then allow 3 straight goals 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, rochsioux said:

This is how I feel as well but the sad part is a month ago I would say we were a serious title contender. The meltdown happened in the last month. You want to playing your best hockey going into the tournament and they continue to fade away. 

We lost that game for three reasons:

1. Tricky passing n the two zones away from the attacking zone when we should be dropping it back to open players.

2. Refs clearly playing for the opposition. Clearly

3. Really unfortunate bounces leading to 3 goals by Michigan 

Just now, yababy8 said:

We lost that game for three reasons:

1. Tricky passing n the two zones away from the attacking zone when we should be dropping it back to open players.

2. Refs clearly playing for the opposition. Clearly

3. Really unfortunate bounces leading to 3 goals by Michigan 

How about Michigan is very talented and Skilled and played with a desire to win?

Not sugarcoating the UND play but...

Michigan is good.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

There is a huge difference between the team that Sandy took over compared to the team that Berry took over.

Not even the same stratosphere 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3