SiouxSports.com Forum

UNO and UND Frozen Face-off Semis

cowboys5xsbs

The fact that we got swept by two teams this year and haven’t played with an edge the next time we played them doesn’t scream out the culture Berry touts. Get it together for the tourney or this will just be another huge disappointment.  I can handle it if you play with a passion and lose, but it certainly hasn’t been the case lately!

Just now, Kab said:

What were coaches words of wisdom after the game

I don’t have the radio on because I’m at the game or was at the game now I’m walking to my Uber to go to Augies, but I can only imagine about how he talks about the culture and how it stood up against the other teams culture and how we played hard rough, and a few bounces didn’t go away

23 minutes ago, Big A HG said:

The bar has been lowering every year since Hak left....

What Hak did was incredible…outside of not winning the big one. His teams were very good. The bar was obv going to lower. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, scpa0305 said:

What Hak did was incredible…outside of not winning the big one. His teams were very good. The bar was obv going to lower. 

But all honesty with the amount of funding we get compared to other teams the bar should be said hi

4 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

But all honesty with the amount of funding we get compared to other teams the bar should be said hi

Things have been pretty dicey for a bit now. Maybe we overachieved the first few months. No idea. They looked the part, they can skate, have some size. Solid special teams play. But…things are trending down sharply. At the worst time.

• Upvote 2

Just now, scpa0305 said:

Things have been pretty dicey for a bit now. Maybe we overachieved the first few months. No idea. They looked that part, they can skate, have some size. Solid special teams play. But…things are trending down sharply. At the worst time.

Exactly.  Very little confidence in this team as they limp into the NCAA's, with a starting GT who hasn't played in weeks.  

On 5/22/2015 at 8:37 AM, gfhockey said:

Deano and gene o won nattys

Hako didn't

10 minutes ago, Big A HG said:

Just because there was a big thread about "Fire Hak" doesn't mean I was a participant...nor does it mean anyone calling for Brad's head was a participant of the Hak one...though I won't argue that some would overlap.

I did a quick search, found the last Fire Hak thread from 2015 (like a month before it was announced he took the Flyers coaching job).
A lot of the same posters, for sure.  And yes, you were a participant in that thread.  ;) 
No worries though, as I said...it is just how things are around here.  :) 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, brianvf said:

I did a quick search, found the last Fire Hak thread from 2015 (like a month before it was announced he took the Flyers coaching job).
A lot of the same posters, for sure.  And yes, you were a participant in that thread.  ;) 
No worries though, as I said...it is just how things are around here.  :) 

How many ncaa wins berry got since his tourney win? 1?

is that the new standards 1 win in 7 years? Ok fine by me 

20 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Sure.  But that still doesn't explain calling UNO a bottom feeder...they're a tourney team.

Got it.  Someone will have to update the Wikipedia page then.  ;) 

20 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Sure.  But that still doesn't explain calling UNO a bottom feeder...they're a tourney team.

Got it.  Someone will have to update the Wikipedia page then.  ;) 

Sorry yeah Omaha is a bottom feeder. Of a program, of the conference, this year and historically.

If they hadn't beat a " 1 seed " 3 times in the last month, would they even be close to the tourney?

No.

Then you'll say

" they beat a 1 seed three times" 

They didn't, they beat a lazy mathematical pairwise anomaly 1 seed.

They shouldn't even be here.

A top team beats them down to the gutter where they AND this UND team right now seem to belong.

They can gladly prove me wrong but me thinks the absolute piss missle of a drubbing they both take next weekend will absolutely prove me right.

I hope not, I really do but...

as the saying goes

hope in one hand, tourney game at the X in the other.......

3 minutes ago, Oldguy said:

Exactly.  Very little confidence in this team as they limp into the NCAA's, with a starting GT who hasn't played in weeks.  

Yeah I wonder if the plan was to start Ludvig tomorrow if the team won today?
Either way, not much going right as we head to the tourney now.

The "soft" thing is interesting to consider.  UND is built quite a bit differently than it used to be.  They take fewer penalties than almost everyone, and have the skill to win by winning the special teams battle.  But the skill guys are pretty soft, Blake's wipeout of Rizzo notwithstanding.  Do we need more grinders?  Or skill guys with more of an edge?  I don't know.  Maybe they go on a run and this discussion is unnecessary.

4 minutes ago, jk said:

The "soft" thing is interesting to consider.  UND is built quite a bit differently than it used to be.  They take fewer penalties than almost everyone, and have the skill to win by winning the special teams battle.  But the skill guys are pretty soft, Blake's wipeout of Rizzo notwithstanding.  Do we need more grinders?  Or skill guys with more of an edge?  I don't know.  Maybe they go on a run and this discussion is unnecessary.

Pshh grinders we have what two goal scorers and that’s it

Just now, Frozen4sioux said:

Sorry yeah Omaha is a bottom feeder. Of a program, of the conference, this year and historically.

If they hadn't beat a " 1 seed " 3 times in the last month, would they even be close to the tourney?

No.

Then you'll say

" they beat a 1 seed three times" 

They didn't, they beat a lazy mathematical pairwise anomaly 1 seed.

They shouldn't even be here.

If they hadn't beaten us last month, they wouldn't have the same PWR level, but they'd still be in a position to win tomorrow to make the tourney regardless.
Hoping that they can prove you wrong next weekend.

6 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

How many ncaa wins berry got since his tourney win? 1?

is that the new standards 1 win in 7 years? Ok fine by me

That's not fine with me...and pretty much everyone else on this board.
But I know you won't let that stop you from mentioning it in every single post.  :whistling: :crazy:

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, jk said:

This is going to hurt, but it may well be true.

UND is...

who the gophers used to be.