SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 Early Departures and Transfer Portal

brianvf

5 minutes ago, Goon said:

Oh for Christ's sake. Your comment is without merit. UND’s recruiting class is ranked second next season. Besides, where was said recruit going to fit? 

IMG_0566.jpeg

How accurate is this?  No BC, No BU, No DU and Minny 10th.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Goon said:

Oh for Christ's sake. Your comment is without merit. UND’s recruiting class is ranked second next season. Besides, where was said recruit going to fit? 

IMG_0566.jpeg

UND has a higher average star rating than Mich, Mich St. WI, and UMinn??    But chippahs . . .

5 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Hopefully this is an indication that DU is losing a few (or all three) of their “B” dmen. 

The younger hasn't even been drafted yet.  It seems pretty likely to me that he'll be back next year, as very few players, let alone dmen, move up in their D+1 year. 

4 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

Neutral Zone uses a weird formula that values quantity over quality. Looking at the “Star average” is a more accurate reflection of these classes. 

31 minutes ago, Goon said:

The last month has been a total disaster for this team. Denver is in the Frozen Four and we are still searching for answers. That is what is causing my sour mood. So forgive me if I'm not giddy as a schoolgirl right now.

• Upvote 1

Just now, stoneySIOUX said:

Logic says there's something between the two that would be a little more rational. Just saying.

Name one good thing that has happened for this program over the past month. And the Penrose Cup was in February, so you can't count that. Just saying.

• Upvote 1

Just now, fightingsioux4life said:

Name one good thing that has happened for this program over the past month. And the Penrose Cup was in February, so you can't count that. Just saying.

Nah, I'm good. Don't feel like I need to get into a pissing match about how depressed I am about the program. 

3 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I think it’d be for the best if you went back to the “guy clutching head” avatar. 

1 minute ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I don't want a pissing match. I just think acknowledging there are problems is not a sin.

There's a significant difference between acknowledging problems and saying things like "nothing good happens here anymore"

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

The only way some of you would believe the accuracy of this chart is if UND was ranked #11.  

It’s always the same group of 3 posters — fire Hakstol, fire Berry.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Official.....Denver

Per Schloss

Playing in front of the best & most numerous fans in hockey-crazed GF and the best college rink in America wasn't enough to sway his decision. Nor did UND's "culture" or tradition win him over. I think it highlights that he trusts Carle more than the UND staff to get him to the next level. I don't blame him, it sounds like he made a practical decision based on comparisons between the two schools over the last 6-7 years: one coach excels in the regular season; the other, the playoffs. If I were his advisor & not a complete UND homer like I am now, I would have also tried to steer him towards DU. Future head-to-head battles w/ DU over star players may play out the same way as Pohlkamp if Berry doesn't fix his mindset & start bringing home some titles. The precedent has been set.

• Upvote 4