SiouxSports.com Forum

A UND NIL collective

The Sicatoka

53 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

yes but so far we have a guy that runs a bar that sits 50 and a guy that seems to want to be part of every organizaion from the moom and back..........

assuming you gotta start local and then broaden the search....thought for sure that wes rydell (Rydells) would be A1 front and center considering his ties to und athletics over the years...and the fact that he's a millionaire many many times over (and you can't take it with you wes)

and arch 

Is the guy who owns the restaurant wife work at und? 

3 minutes ago, homer said:

Criticize we don’t have a collective…..criticize the people who work to set it up cause it’s not the right people. 

Wouldn’t expect it any other way.

• Upvote 3

On 3/20/2024 at 8:04 PM, homer said:

Criticize we don’t have a collective…..criticize the people who work to set it up cause it’s not the right people. 

who is criticizing?  this is a message board...you ask questions and you comment on things.

my take on  this is the NIL is going to hurt schools in "small/er" markets.  when I heard this announcement I assumed it would be the rydell, Simonson, gershmanns, magnussons and browns.

instead we got boner and holth.  not sure exactly how wealthy these two young men are but it ain't like wes and whatnot.

we need now over 300k to keep a nice small forward on the men's side....can those two even do enough to come close to keeping bj around.  nope

then you have hockey which is in real trouble....used to be "come play for the bad bad fighting Sioux (before or after REA1.0) and they would say "hell yeah"....now its "hey snuggerud you wanna play for the big bad fighting hawks"....yeah but it'll cost ya 1million per year..."hold the line"..."hey John and Matt snuggerud needs 1million"....

that's a lot of cheesy pickles and long island ice teas

2 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

my take on  this is the NIL is going to hurt schools in "small/er" markets.  when I heard this announcement I assumed it would be the rydell, Simonson, gershmanns, magnussons and browns.

instead we got boner and holth.  not sure exactly how wealthy these two young men are but it ain't like wes and whatnot.

Bonzer and Holth aren't the money behind the donations, they're simply the CEO and COO of the collective.
Any of the more wealthy business leaders in the community (and outside the state) can funnel their money into the collective to be disbursed to the athletes.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, brianvf said:

Bonzer and Holth aren't the money behind the donations, they're simply the CEO and COO of the collective.
Any of the more wealthy business leaders in the community (and outside the state) can funnel their money into the collective to be disbursed to the athletes.

point taken....this NIL stuff is still new to me and how this runs.

13 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

who is criticizing?  this is a message board...you ask questions and you comment on things.

we need now over 300k to keep a nice small forward on the men's side....can those two even do enough to come close to keeping bj around.  nope

then you have hockey which is in real trouble....used to be "come play for the bad bad fighting Sioux (before or after REA1.0) and they would say "hell yeah"....now its "hey snuggerud you wanna play for the big bad fighting hawks"....yeah but it'll cost ya 1million per year..."hold the line"..."hey John and Matt snuggerud needs 1million"....

that's a lot of cheesy pickles and long island ice teas

I don't think you understand how this works. You have two guys who obviously have a passion and are dedicated to giving this a go. They will try and approach the money guys for donations. The money guys will then make a decision

1. Keep donating through the channels they have been doing.

2. Split up the money they have been donating to additional entities

3. Keep donating through the channels they have been and contribute additional money to the "new" entities

#3 is the goal

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, petey23 said:

I don't think you understand how this works.

i do and i don't.............i don't really understand how this work yes but I do know that we need to raise a lot a lot of money...NOW