SiouxSports.com Forum

A UND NIL collective

The Sicatoka

15 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Necessity in the current landscape of college athletics. Once implemented, UND will now have everything needed. It still won't be practical to try to match what larger schools can do but saw a quote recently that really changed my perspective on it. Paraphrasing, but it was talking about how most athletes want to stay loyal but when others are offering collective $, if the school they are at doesn't, it's tough. We saw it firsthand with NDSU and what took place this offseason in Football. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/12/2024 at 10:33 AM, jdub27 said:

When UND didn't have one (or at least while it was being worked on behind the scenes but nothing had been made public), he seemed to be the one that most people were putting the blame on, which appears to have continued into this thread. 

The positive is that everyone that was clamoring for it will have a chance to put their money where their mouth is.

Who was blaming Chaves for not having an NIL in place?  He cannot be apart of it, officially.  I would say he is net neutral on that topic

2 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Who was blaming Chaves for not having an NIL in place?  He cannot be apart of it, officially.  I would say he is net neutral on that topic

Chaves should be pro it not neutral

it could save his job

3 hours ago, UND1983 said:

I agree with you except for the net neutral part. I would feel comfortable saying he is supportive of anything that can retain the top performers at UND.
But I can go back and find plenty of comments that are contrary to that opinion.

6 hours ago, forksandspoons said:

Let’s go! Love that you can set up monthly contributions. 

Great article, website is impressive. Easy to donate. Let's pump this thing up! 

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

was thinking the guys doing this would be a little older with much deeper pockets?  wes rydell, brown corporation, arch, swangler.

$1 from each Long Island tea and $1 from each pickle order will go in to the collective. That’s big $$& folks

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

was thinking the guys doing this would be a little older with much deeper pockets?  wes rydell, brown corporation, arch, swangler.

Front men aren’t the money men

8 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

In town? Gotta have a statewide and national mindset, too. 

yes but so far we have a guy that runs a bar that sits 50 and a guy that seems to want to be part of every organizaion from the moom and back..........

assuming you gotta start local and then broaden the search....thought for sure that wes rydell (Rydells) would be A1 front and center considering his ties to und athletics over the years...and the fact that he's a millionaire many many times over (and you can't take it with you wes)

and arch