SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Tournament

petey23

3 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

People get crucified on this board for saying parity is a factor, but ignoring it, especially in a game that is often a one-bounce game, is just wild to me. I think many fans don't have reasonable expectations anymore, frankly. The overreactions are absolutely obnoxious and drips with entitlement. A large amount of our fanbase sees every loss we have as "the boys aren't trying hard enough" or "they aren't real Sioux" or "the boys don't care enough" or "Bubs can't get them up for a big game", and that's what bothers me. We seem to have this expectation (not all of us, but some -- still the minority, but a loud and vocal one) that we should win every game just because we're North Dakota and that's how it works. College hockey is just different now than it used to be. Added parity with how the game of hockey works, we now have a game that is anyone's game each night. 

More often than not, the best team wins. I'm hoping we're the best team tonight. And if we aren't, it's not due to a magic potion whispered from Bubs, it's because the other team played better and finished their chances. 

At the risk of repeating myself. :D Just kidding don't care.

A large portion of our fanbase believes that other colleges and universities only field hockey teams so that we will have someone to play against. 

17 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

The audio in the ESPN+ streaming sounds like the person on the other side of the drive thru at a Sonic.

I have the sound off…can’t hear either one of those morons.

12 minutes ago, nd jg said:

Trying my best Boston accent.

A for effort.  My mom was from Providence, RI, let me help you out.  

cuom - pronounced like the US Territory Guam 

enn

tate 

ah

Now put it all together:  

cuomentateah 

2 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

A for effort.  My mom was from Providence, RI, let me help you out.  

cuom - pronounced like the US Territory Guam 

enn

tate 

ah

Now put it all together:  

cuomentateah 

Is that like potater?