SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Tournament

petey23

1 hour ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Headed to the X, planning to ask everyone in Gopher apparel why Minnesota isn't playing. Not wearing anything Sioux related to prevent the obvious retort.

I am going on Saturday but I do plan on wearing my UND gear. Just because we aren’t there, doesn’t mean I’m not going to represent. 

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I am going on Saturday but I do plan on wearing my UND gear. Just because we aren’t there, doesn’t mean I’m not going to represent. 

I've never been one to wear gear of a team that's not involved, but the Frozen Four is one of those exceptions. It's a celebration of all of college hockey. Just as long as neither Michigan or DU win on Saturday ;)

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Would you still distribute teams across the four sites our would you group them based on regions? Ie. West teams in two regions and East teams in the other two.

distribute them, and they could be pods like mens basketball, so the two brackets at each regional wouldn't necessarily have to be the ones that play each other in the Frozen Four.  So using this year as an example, if the Regional sites were say  Manchester, N.H. and Des Moines

Manchester 1 Th-Sat

BC-Michigan Tech and UW-QU

Manchester 2 Fri-Sun

BU-RIT and Minnesota-Omaha

Des Moines 1 Th- Sat

Denver-UMass and Maine-Michigan

Des Moines 2 Fr-Sun

Mich. Sti-Western Michigan and North Dakota-Cornell

Frozen Four would be Manchester 1 vs Des Moines 2 and Manchester 2 vs Des Moines 1.  I flipped the UND and Maine to spread the top 8 by conference a little better, that's a personal preference that likely wouldn't happen.

• Upvote 1