SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Tournament

petey23

4 minutes ago, ChrisUND1 said:

Ice hasn’t seemed great for DU game and now I switch it to BU game and it looks really bad!  Another reason to have regionals in campus rinks that have had ice in all season and have pros taking care of it. 

Both Sioux Falls and Springfield have hockey all season, Did Sioux Falls take their ice out with the consecutive wrestling, summit league, and high school basketball? I know other events they just cover it. The issue that I have heard was more related to the NCAA makes them remove advertisements, and other logos from the ice by scrapping layers off, then they repaint and add the NCAA and host logo the week of. Be better if they could just let the rinks keep their ice way of and maybe just add a NCAA/Host badge in a few places like how the NHL now does with the Stanley Cup Playoffs logos along the bluelines?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Wildfan said:

Both Sioux Falls and Springfield have hockey all season, Did Sioux Falls take their ice out with the consecutive wrestling, summit league, and high school basketball? I know other events they just cover it. The issue that I have heard was more related to the NCAA makes them remove advertisements, and other logos from the ice by scrapping layers off, then they repaint and add the NCAA and host logo the week of. Be better if they could just let the rinks keep their ice way of and maybe just add a NCAA/Host badge in a few places like how the NHL now does with the Stanley Cup Playoffs logos along the bluelines?

Good insight. 

1 minute ago, siouxweet said:

As long as DU or Michigan don't win number 10 I am good with any outcome. 

For me, as long as any of the following schools don't win, I'm good with any outcome.

BU
UMN
DU
Mich
BC
UW

:)

• Like 1