SiouxSports.com Forum

Minnesota State HS Hockey Tournament 2024

Warroad crushed New Ulm 8-1 in the first game of the A quarters. 

Pilgrim scored twice on two nice snipes. I think he had 2 assists, too. 

I'm a little bummed Minnetonka didn't make state as they have UND recruit Ashton Schultz on their team.

Who are you excited to watch?

26 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I'm a little bummed Minnetonka didn't make state as they have UND recruit Ashton Schultz on their team.

Looking forward to seeing only northern team in aa do some damage hopefully grand rapids

all the cities people were bragging about being an all metro tourney till gr won

also looking forward to warroad scc which very well could be the title fame

2 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Looking forward to seeing only northern team in aa do some damage hopefully grand rapids

all the cities people were bragging about being an all metro tourney till gr won

Haven't seen much of Cathedral, but gonna watch this game, for sure. Up quick on Northfield. 

Unfortunately. I think Edina rolls in AA. Chanhassen is good, but they definitely should not have beaten Tonka. 

18 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Haven't seen much of Cathedral, but gonna watch this game, for sure. Up quick on Northfield. 

Northfield uniforms a little too "Gopher-ish" for my taste. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Unfortunately. I think Edina rolls in AA. Chanhassen is good, but they definitely should not have beaten Tonka. 

Unfortunately I'm with you. I actually think this may be one of the worst AA tourney's in sometime. At least on paper, all the best teams got beat in sections. I hope I'm wrong but the quarterfinals could be a little like class A with some serious blowouts. 

1 minute ago, I Ranger said:

Unfortunately I'm with you. I actually think this may be one of the worst AA tourney's in sometime. At least on paper, all the best teams got beat in sections. I hope I'm wrong but the quarterfinals could be a little like class A with some serious blowouts. 

Wayzata and Minnetonka both got beat in section finals, but could be among the best teams in the state. If I'm not mistaken, Wayzata was No. 3 and Tonka No. 1. Looking at the participants, I think it's Edina the clear favorite, Chan as a distant second and the rest are significantly behind.

6 minutes ago, Yote 53 said:

There is an app on Roku, Fire, etc. and available for your phone if you don't want to go through a browser.  KSTP-TV 5.  

Works great.

Or download WDIO ABC to your firestick

cathedral up 3-1

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Wayzata and Minnetonka both got beat in section finals, but could be among the best teams in the state. If I'm not mistaken, Wayzata was No. 3 and Tonka No. 1. Looking at the participants, I think it's Edina the clear favorite, Chan as a distant second and the rest are significantly behind.

With the way the Sections are set-up you were going to lose 4 of the top 6 teams in the state heading into the State Tournament.

1 hour ago, petey23 said:

With the way the Sections are set-up you were going to lose 4 of the top 6 teams in the state heading into the State Tournament.

Yep. Funny, because they made that big switch like 10 years ago or whenever it was with splitting up EP, Wayzata, Benilde, but it lead to what we have now. 

11 hours ago, gfhockey said:

GF- What part of the Twin Cities do you live in?

19 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Lund (Warroad) and Freddie Schneider (Edina). Griffin Sturm (st cloud) 

19 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Chan is actually really good. I don’t think they’ll beat Edina…but it’s a bit closer than you think. Edina is deeper but with the TV timeouts, Chan will play that top line a ton. Also, Chan has the best goalie in the state. That too matters.

17 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Chan is actually really good. I don’t think they’ll beat Edina…but it’s a bit closer than you think. Edina is deeper but with the TV timeouts, Chan will play that top line a ton. Also, Chan has the best goalie in the state. That too matters.

That's how they took Tonka down.