SiouxSports.com Forum

Minnesota State HS Hockey Tournament 2024

1 minute ago, Yote 53 said:

Brutal.  The Streak continues.

My home town (Minot) went through a first round losing streak from 1993 to like 2014 at the ND state tournament where it felt like anything and everything that could have gone wrong would for them to lose that quarterfinal game.

I feel White Bear's pain.  They've lost some heart breakers.

45 minutes ago, Yote 53 said:

That was a nice ticky tack call to make this more interesting after the 5 minuter.

I don’t have a horse in the race but I thought it was a good call. Regardless I feel for those boys. Tough one 

Thought Warroad was getting the best of them in OT but it only took that puck bouncing around dangerously in the slot area and it was game over.  Got to clear that puck with authority and not overskate it.

Ok, that was terrible rebound control on that 3rd Hermantown goal.  Goalie needs to send that puck up into the far corner.  Instead, he kicks it right out into the slot with Hermantown forwards bearing down and his D facing up ice coming backwards.  I heard the coach say he was going to stick to his goalie rotation no matter how hot the #1 was playing.  While admire wanting to get the kids the state tournament experience, that's not turning out very good right now.  Granted, this isn't all on the goalie as the Zephyrs are not playing very well at all.

Just now, sioux rube said:

No doubt fun stuff. I need to get there one of these years 

Tried to go to AA this year, but the gen admission tickets sold out in legit 2 minutes. Gonna to the A first round next year.

Just now, stoneySIOUX said:

Tried to go to AA this year, but the gen admission tickets sold out in legit 2 minutes. Gonna to the A first round next year.

I have a buddy who has had a suite reserved for years now. I’m always invited but I’m always coaching at this time 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I thought Hermantown was going to move up to AA?

Many teams could.  Including Warroad and EGF.  Always respect Roseau for playing up. But holy class what a day for Class A hockey semifinals. 

• Upvote 1