SiouxSports.com Forum

Transfer Portal 2023

sioux24/7

6 minutes ago, Hawkster said:

Sounds about like when Bubba said "Leave no doubt" back around 2015.   That didn't work out so well.

It reminds me of back in the day. Had a bad year. Next offseason was hard as hell. The next season was a success. The following offseason was not as hard. That season was not as successful with a more talented team. 

IMO coaches need to prepare their team like their job is on the line every game. That’s the difference between a Nick Saban and the guys who taste the bottom of his boots.

7 minutes ago, Hawkster said:

Sounds about like when Bubba said "Leave no doubt" back around 2015.   That didn't work out so well.

"Leave no doubt" was initiated after the 2015 playoff selection committee did not choose them and the part they were to "leave no doubt" about was whether they should be in the playoffs the next season.  In 2016 UND won the Big Sky auto-bid, so, technically, they did "leave no doubt" the next season after implementing that saying.

19 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Only in your dreams

how many times did you see bo's body language say "you've got to be kidding tommy".........i saw it a few times and so did some others.

what else could he have meant??????  has to aimed at someone that won't be here next year.....if all the coaches are coming back it aint them.....so it must be a player....so it must be a player that either graduated or entered the portal........so who did bo rely on the most do his job??? easton...kind of ...wright???? nope.............TOMMY?  bingo.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

how many times did you see bo's body language say "you've got to be kidding tommy".........i saw it a few times and so did some others.

what else could he have meant??????  has to aimed at someone that won't be here next year.....if all the coaches are coming back it aint them.....so it must be a player....so it must be a player that either graduated or entered the portal........so who did bo rely on the most do his job??? easton...kind of ...wright???? nope.............TOMMY?  bingo.

You actually believe that you and others in the stands can interpret a FB player’s body language?  In addition you can tell that a guy (one of our best if not the best player) announcing he is returning to UND does it by taking a shot at his departing teammate.  

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

Or just take the joke. I’m happy to see a new qb this next season. 

33 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

Maybe his body language was “my shoulder really fucking hurts right now” and you read it wrong.  

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

To the body language I would argue you can tell a lot without knowing football even. For example our defense. Their body language was terrible in a lot of games. It was the opposite against NDSU. Interestingly that was our best tackling game in the last 5 years. 

Yeah but he can interpret the message sent. It’s easy to see when someone is mad, disappointed, excited etc but it’s a stretch to think we can tell what they are thinking.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, shep said:

Yes, I want to see more Ws and I am not satisfied with 7-5 records, but a culture of academics, school pride, responsibility and compassion is a good culture.

And I shall now await the messages that tell me I’m part of the problem and it’s fans like me that hold UND back and we shall never be winners because of fans like me.

You are suggesting a choice exists between winning and the things you mentioned. That is absolutely not true. The belief in this false choice is one of the things holding us back.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

To the body language I would argue you can tell a lot without knowing football even. For example our defense. Their body language was terrible in a lot of games. It was the opposite against NDSU. Interestingly that was our best tackling game in the last 5 years. 

I agree…a couple of years ago I sat at the 50 yard line, row 12 at the USD game. I posted here… bad karma from everyone, no talking, no high fives…. Just bad juju all around. Coaches, players, assistants…wow. By the end of the season I knew why.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

You actually believe that you and others in the stands can interpret a FB player’s body language?  In addition you can tell that a guy (one of our best if not the best player) announcing he is returning to UND does it by taking a shot at his departing teammate.  

once again even @geaux_sioux is wondering what he meant?  you tell me what he meant??

1 hour ago, Hawkster said:

Actually, to be fair, the “leave no doubt” mantra was used in 2016 after UND was playoff snubbed in 2015. 2016 was Bubba’s best season, team went 9-2 and was seeded #7 in the playoffs. They of course went on to choke away a home playoff game lead but it was still a very good regular season (vs a horribly weak schedule) in terms of wins …

44 minutes ago, homer said:

Maybe his body language was “my shoulder really fucking hurts right now” and you read it wrong.  

maybe......but i bet Bo would've loved to have told his grandkids about the one time in front of 100k people i caught a TD pass against the Cornhuskers and we won the game 27-26 and that was the quietest 100k people i've ever heard ..........but Tommy overthrew me by 10 yards and we lost a very winnable game.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

It reminds me of back in the day. Had a bad year. Next offseason was hard as hell. The next season was a success. The following offseason was not as hard. That season was not as successful with a more talented team. 

IMO coaches need to prepare their team like their job is on the line every game. That’s the difference between a Nick Saban and the guys who taste the bottom of his boots.

This is why Bubba and his staff aren’t cut out for it. Way too much inconsistency. So much. 

There’s no pressure. UND football is like a country club. Job / contract extensions after losing seasons.  

• Upvote 1

referencing my post about Bo having a potential walk in TD if Tommy throws a nice pass...........i think this is the series where he missed bo iirc

incomplete pass st down (missed a wide open bo)....gain 4, gain 2....penalty.......

24 YARD PUNT

what should've been 7 points........nope 0  totally winnable game

extend kostitch

1st and 10 at NEB38 Shotgun Schuster,Tommy pass incomplete short left to Belquist,Bo.
2nd and 10 at NEB38 Shotgun Schuster,Tommy pass complete short right to Wilson,Red for 4 yards to the NEB34 (Hill,Tommi).
3rd and 6 at NEB34 Shotgun Smith,Isaiah rush middle for 2 yards gain to the NEB32 (Wynn Jr.,Stephon).
4th and 4 at NEB32 PENALTY UND False Start (Lotysz,Peyton) 5 yards from NEB32 to NEB37. NO PLAY.
4th and 9 at NEB37 Peterson,Cade punt 24 yards to the NEB13 fair catch by Martin,Oliver at NEB13.

2 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Exactly - but we know that the coach's job is never on the line when you can get renewed at 5-6.   Absolutely no demand for excellence - just shucky darn we have to play better.  Every time the Bison get closer to the playoff finals I get real irritated that Bubba took a classic victory and turned it into crap in one game while the Bison took a humiliating defeat and upped their game.  Absolutely no excuse for this (and no consequences).  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Teeder11 said:

"Bo Belquist says he's coming back to UND for another season"

He's just repeating what he said on the record a few weeks ago. Of course things change but some on here were wringing their hands needlessly. 

7 hours ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Not going to lie. Didn't read a word of that novel.

Like GoodGood said, I am absolutely in favor of kids having the ability to be paid what they are worth and make decisions that are best for them. 

So your purpose on this forum is to post !@#$ and run.  If you're not posting to be part of a conversation, please stop wasting our time.

• Like 1