SiouxSports.com Forum

The Beavs @ UND

stoneySIOUX

3 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Yes for sure.
He's really had a great first half of his freshman season.  Exceeded my expectations.

He's starting to rush the puck out of pressure more, too.   Signs of Stecher, which someone here observed a week or two ago.  

Stickhandling and passing tonight was sub-par.   The boys looked a step slow too - I found myself asking "where the hell is the oppostion"? (meaning, where are the green jerseys) too often.  However, this team found a way to win, which they have been doing.  Need to put a better start together tomorrow, but a good ending tonight.

4 minutes ago, tnt said:

Would have loved to see Blake turn right to Livanavage to recognize the great pass, but I think Blake has kept his celebration the same since high school, so just happy we won.

That thought has crossed my mind, though I think this is a pretty tight team.   Noticed also that Perron often points immediately to primary assist after scoring.   I like that kid too.  He'll make some major noise for us before long. 

10 minutes ago, bcblues said:

The same thing could be said for BSU,

It does not take much to throw yourself off of your game.  We could see tonight a lot of mental errors.  And people rightly point out that BSU plays up to UND (why is that?).  Some are even encouraging not to play BSU as often as UND does.  I like playing them, I would rather have BSU in the NCHC then St. Cloud.

3 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

If there was one last thing to complain about Blake made that ot goal all about him 

he never would have scored it unless he got the pass 

Unfortunately, that is the state of sports period now.  How often do you see defensive backs in football pound their chest after one pass breakup, when they were burned the rest of the game?