SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ BU - Sat Game

brianvf

I think more people would be upset if we had crapped the bed in our other non conference games and absolutely had to have the regulation win to make up for it, but  this will look good on our resume down the road because of the anticipation that BU will only get better with their young studs.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Kevin G said:

5-1-0-0-1-0

This is the current record for a random college hockey team as presented on USCHO.com. This is just ridiculous. You shouldn't need more than two dashes.

Wins, losses, ties. Please.

Music Standings ... 
The Fighting Jennys: 8-6-7-5-3-0-9. 
Wilson Pickett: 6-3-4-5-7-8-9 

On 11/4/2023 at 7:24 PM, WiSioux said:

Please let me know if you find a clip of the OT winner with Tim's broadcast.

The new Through These Doors has it with TH's call...here it is with the timestamp already cued to the OT winner.
TH is a little more excited than the homer BU announcers.  ;)  :) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YALppp8x6YY&t=347s

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

So I have an idea for OT. How about 5x5 for 20 minutes, sudden death. Winner gets all the points. No? Yeah, pretty radical idea.

Or even just 10 minutes.  How can a game be determined by a something (3x3) that NEVER happens in the first 60.

I've never liked playing a different, second game (3x3) to decide a game (5x5); and, l like even less a skills competition to decide the first and second games. 

Do I like all the number-fiddling* that comes with 3x3 then SOs when it comes to RPI and PWR calcs? No. 

What I will say is I'd rather win in regulation, but if that doesn't happen I rather win in OT than lose in OT or regulation. 

* 2/3 of a win? Is that like making it 2/3 of the way with the homecoming queen**?
** someone explain to our NDSU friends what that is

7 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I've never liked playing a different, second game (3x3) to decide a game (5x5); and, l like even less a skills competition to decide the first and second games. 

Do I like all the number-fiddling* that comes with 3x3 then SOs when it comes to RPI and PWR calcs? No. 

What I will say is I'd rather win in regulation, but if that doesn't happen I rather win in OT than lose in OT or regulation. 

* 2/3 of a win? Is that like making it 2/3 of the way with the homecoming queen**?

Why is it that when someone is out there stirring up trouble, it's usually you?

7 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

The 2/3 points for an OT win was to get the smaller schools, to get on board to make it 3x3 in the NCAA. The smaller schools felt they couldn't compete with the bigger schools with more talented players. 

Everyone just needs to go back to 5x5 for 10 minutes and dump the shootout. 

• Upvote 1