SiouxSports.com Forum

The UND @ Boise State 9/16/2023

SiouxFan100

3 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

The issue is, this happens every big game for Tommy. FCS or FBS opponents. Every big game he goes missing and forgets how to play football. 

I’ll add, the whole team and coaching staff seems to do this in big games though. 

I would agree. We are kind of like the Vikings in that our offensive and defensive lines are just not good enough to compete against the better teams.

As an O-line guy. Our snaps to the QB needs to get better. (No clue if nerves or what but way more inconsistent this game than other two) Don’t matter who our QB is (never played QB) it’s tough to make your progression or throw a timing route when snaps are low and then high.  Even Feeney had a crappy snaps. We had this issue with this till Peyton stepped in. This is a must fix, don’t mater qb or scheme if it is In consistent.

This loss sucks, because if we were tied at 14 (missed exp hurt) before half we would have momentum and with a lead can run the ball and utilize our misdirection and play action which appears to be our strength. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

Has this program made any incremental progress in the last 5 years? I haven’t seen much. I appreciate the hard work by the student athletes- no offense here. Just asking?

UND’s defense played well at times against the preseason number 1 team in the MW. They are better than last year and arguably played better than the first two games.

good to see some turnovers that kept us in the game. The offense couldn’t move the ball. 

UND needed to play a clean game to pull off the upset. They came out and played sloppy, especially on offense. As such, you get what we got. A pretty decidable (and beyond disappointing) loss.

On to South Dakota State, but I’m sensing rinse and repeat cycle with this coaching staff. We will see if the bye week brings forth some improvement for a big game against the FCS #1 team.