SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

8 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

False. Quincy Patterson was benched. I know this for a fact 

Glad you're such an insider for the Ag tech. 

That doesn't change that the official reason is that he injured his shoulder against Missouri State. Plenty of articles out there outlining it and stating exactly that, including the Forum, KVRR and NDSU's own page. Considering after a few weeks, they had packages installed for him, it seems pretty likely that was the actual case. He was an effective runner and did well in those packages after his shoulder healed up a bit. Weird that they would hold him out of practice when he wasn't hurt, just benched though? 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Glad you're such an insider for the Ag tech. 

That doesn't change that the official reason is he injured his shoulder against Missouri State. Plenty of articles out there outlining it, including the Forum, KVRR and NDSU's own page. Considering after a few weeks, they had packages installed for him, it seems pretty likely that was the actual case. He was an effective runner and did well in those packages after his shoulder healed up a bit. 

Yep sorry dude but he was benched because he couldn’t throw a football.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Higgins said:

Please People!  NOBODY cares about Quincy Patterson.  Please take this bison stupidity somewhere else.  

Agree nobody cares about what happened to Quincy Patterson. But its an example of a team benching a QB that was 7-0. UND should do the exact same thing with a far less talented QB. 

• Upvote 2

On 10/12/2024 at 3:35 PM, Oxbow6 said:

Again from reliable sources one of the main reasons Romfo was named QB1 out of fall camp was his ability to make plays with his feet. After watching the first 6 games I struggle to buy into his ability to throw the FB was the main reason.

I have nothing concrete to back this up...so take it for what it's worth (not much...but this is a message board afterall, haha)...

My thoughts are that Romfo got the nod because Feeney and Kaminski weren't that far ahead of him, and the new offensive staff didn't feel good about ANY of our QBs being the guy in the future, and maybe they felt Romfo's running ability came closest to what they're looking for, while also knowing that the PWO is most likely to embrace a short term role with a stacked competition next year.

At this point I do not think QB1 for 2025 is currently on the roster...

13 minutes ago, UND08 said:

I have nothing concrete to back this up...so take it for what it's worth (not much...but this is a message board afterall, haha)...

My thoughts are that Romfo got the nod because Feeney and Kaminski weren't that far ahead of him, and the new offensive staff didn't feel good about ANY of our QBs being the guy in the future, and maybe they felt Romfo's running ability came closest to what they're looking for, while also knowing that the PWO is most likely to embrace a short term role with a stacked competition next year.

At this point I do not think QB1 for 2025 is currently on the roster...

I would certainly hope not.  Any coach who is serious about winning would go to all parts of the country to try and find a QB if this was his situation. For some reason UND doesn't put high priority on the QB position.  As you can tell right now.....

• Upvote 1

Just now, UND1983 said:

I would certainly hope not.  Any coach who is serious about winning would go to all parts of the country to try and find a QB if this was his situation. For some reason UND doesn't put high priority on the QB position.  As you can tell right now.....

Cam Rising at Uthah could use his 8th....EIGHTH....year at UND next fall.

Let's gooooooo!!

45 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

What we need is someone like this: earned Wisconsin Sports Network's Dave Krieg Award, given to the state's top senior quarterback … Named the 2022 Wisconsin Offensive Player of the Year … Two-time selection to the First Team All-State, All-Region and All-Conference Teams …

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

What is odd is it seems like we have brought in what seems like very good QB's and they are getting beat out.  I thought Vaughn was supposed to be very good and he got beat out by someone we brought in last minute that only had D2 offers.  Schuster turned out to be a solid QB, but not someone that was going to lead us to a NC.  Now we have a PWO in Romfo that is beating out Feeney and Jerry, to guys that were highly thought of.  Are we not developing these guys?

57 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

What we need is someone like this: earned Wisconsin Sports Network's Dave Krieg Award, given to the state's top senior quarterback … Named the 2022 Wisconsin Offensive Player of the Year … Two-time selection to the First Team All-State, All-Region and All-Conference Teams …

No doubt, seems to be going well

56 minutes ago, Big Green said:

What is odd is it seems like we have brought in what seems like very good QB's and they are getting beat out.  I thought Vaughn was supposed to be very good and he got beat out by someone we brought in last minute that only had D2 offers.  Schuster turned out to be a solid QB, but not someone that was going to lead us to a NC.  Now we have a PWO in Romfo that is beating out Feeney and Jerry, to guys that were highly thought of.  Are we not developing these guys?

UND could have had Tom Brady at QB the last few years but would not have won a NC with that Defense.

1 hour ago, CMSioux said:

Let's say the savior isn't lighting it up next spring, then what? 

"oh shoot, maybe we should've brought somebody in to compete, too late now".  Rinse, repeat

25 minutes ago, Kab said:

All the QBs on the roster better be ready to play

they are each one injury away from being asked to play and be criticized on this board 

Pretty hard to get ready to play when you get absolutely no meaningful minutes in games.  

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Irish said:

Pretty hard to get ready to play when you get absolutely no meaningful minutes in games.  

If the game is tied with 3 minutes to go, which QB do you want to take the snaps?

I agree backup QBs do need meaningful playing time 

7 minutes ago, Irish said:

You and I are old enough to remember being up 38-0 vs Idaho St.

• Upvote 1