SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

1 hour ago, Cratter said:

Yall really missing the point:

Bubba has appeared to really be hiring some highly recruited offensive coordinators lately.

No reason to think he can't do it again.

Bubba is an absolute genius! Who cares about wins and losses when you can hire good assistants (who later bail for the same position at rival schools you’re supposed to be “competing” with). UND athletics is on autopilot in non-hockey sports and it’s absolutely disgusting. No desire for greatness whatsoever. There isn’t even an attempt other than blatant lies to the few who question it directly.  

So in the past let's say we had 8 men's and 8 women's sports.....Did all revenue for all sources regardless of teams go in the ADepartment's bank account?

From there did the ADepartment than say...ok....UND hockey coach you get 80k a year....top 3 in the wcha probably behind minny and wisco?

Did they then say football coach you get 75k which the top two of the ncc?  assisantant coaches pool was top 1, 2 or 3?

Same thing with basketball coaches.....60k...top 1 or 2 or 3 of ncc?

Flash forward to KEM and REA......revenue goes into REA coffers instead of a general ADepartemnt account and from there "they (hockey only people)" say......

Bubs you get 450k and 400k for assistants which is far far more than 2nd in the nchc.....

Bubba you get 220k which is good for 5th in the mvfc and your assistants can split 300k which gets you......not much considering ndsu pays 650k to it's assistnats.

and so forth and so forth for bball, vball, and everything else (less than peer schools?)

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Cratter said:

If I'm NDSU I'm scratching my head.

All UND does (for virtually all sports) is call up any former player and say "wanna be a coach."

Did no former NDSU players wanna return to their Alma mater? 

So they had to look at a resume from a St. Thomas coach?

Or they just lazy and said "good enough for UND. Good enough for us"?

the PLANT is in! - lol - way to go ndsu!  You robbed us good!  Known Jake since he was at Central.  Nice kid - good athlete - dumb as a box of rocks even in college.   Maybe he's grown into a football genuis but I kind of doubt it.   Not a huge loss as far as UND's future is concerned.  Best of luck to the cow college with him - he's dead to me.  NEXT!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Cratter said:

If I'm NDSU I'm scratching my head.

All UND does (for virtually all sports) is call up any former player and say "wanna be a coach."

Did no former NDSU players wanna return to their Alma mater? 

So they had to look at a resume from a St. Thomas coach?

Or they just lazy and said "good enough for UND. Good enough for us"?

It does make you wonder....if we had hired someone else.....would Landry still have been their top pick? May still have been I don't know. But I don't think it was some grand consensus on this board that Landry was head and shoulders above the other guys mentioned as options. 

The optics of Freund and Landry leaving are still issues. No question NDSU and SDSU have done better than UND of late on the court and field, but now there’s negative press on UND with their coaches leaving for NDSU and SDSU. It projects UND as being the inferior institution within the region. The only argument is hockey, which none of these rival institutions even sponsor. It puts UND into a vulnerable dilemma. Again, we can criticize individual coaches for having “no character”, but that won’t fix the much bigger issues. Plus, these coaches who are leaving are UND alumni. Why is UND not able to surpass NDSU and SDSU? Why is UND losing alumni coaches to these peer institutions as opposed to the other way around? These are straightforward yet incredibly important issues facing UND. 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

The optics of Freund and Landry leaving are still issues. Again, we can criticize individual coaches for having “no character”, but that won’t fix the much bigger issues. Plus, these coaches who are leaving are UND alumni. Why is UND not able to surpass NDSU and SDSU? Why is UND losing alumni coaches to these peer institutions as opposed to the other way around? These are straightforward yet incredibly important issues facing UND. 

ER doc..."That gash is gonna take around 60 stitches to close"

Patient..."How about you just put a Band-Aid on it"

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

The optics of Freund and Landry leaving are still issues. No question NDSU and SDSU have done better than UND of late on the court and field, but now there’s negative press on UND with their coaches leaving for NDSU and SDSU. It projects UND as being the inferior institution within the region. The only argument is hockey, which none of these rival institutions even sponsor. It puts UND into a vulnerable dilemma. Again, we can criticize individual coaches for having “no character”, but that won’t fix the much bigger issues. Plus, these coaches who are leaving are UND alumni. Why is UND not able to surpass NDSU and SDSU? Why is UND losing alumni coaches to these peer institutions as opposed to the other way around? These are straightforward yet incredibly important issues facing UND. 

Easy.  Money.  It’s always about money.  Until we invest in others sports not named hockey, nothing will change.

• Upvote 1

Everyone blaming the hockey budget

get the other programs winning and money follows, South Dakota had a great turnaround in football last year, I doubt their budget increased first

like in anything your leaders need to have a vision

bubba is lacking that

chaves is lacking that 

bubba needs to get out more and let people know what the hell is going on and how he is going to fix it 

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, Kab said:

get the other programs winning and money follows, South Dakota had a great turnaround in football last year, I doubt their budget increased first

bubba is lacking that

chaves is lacking that 

bubba needs to get out more and let people know what the hell is going on and how he is going to fix it 

Agree with everything except the last part.....he's 10 years into this. It's not like this program's issues are new.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Ron Mexico said:

NSIC….????? What in the AF

Does Alabama coach ring a bell?

he was naia

lets wait and see who it is  and what other experience he had 

• Upvote 4

45 minutes ago, Kab said:

bubba is lacking that

chaves is lacking that 

Having been to SDSU for football games it is quite evident they invested money in the program before the last two years. Their facilities are top notch, the community/corporate support is huge. There were dozens of businesses that had booths in their tailgating lot giving away food and promoting themselves. In turn the fans are coming out (until the temps dip below 40 degrees - sarcasm). 

5 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Having been to SDSU for football games it is quite evident they invested money in the program before the last two years. Their facilities are top notch, the community/corporate support is huge. There were dozens of businesses that had booths in their tailgating lot giving away food and promoting themselves. In turn the fans are coming out (until the temps dip below 40 degrees - sarcasm). 

Was talking the coyotes

I could see the Northern St OC based on current staff. 

wildcard could be David Schramm from UMary.  Offense wasn’t great but the guy has a resume that is much better than the OC that just left and would have been a better hire if you take names out of it.  

2 minutes ago, homer said:

I could see the Northern St OC based on current staff. 

wildcard could be David Schramm from UMary.  Offense wasn’t great but the guy has a resume that is much better than the OC that just left and would have been a better hire if you take names out of it.  

Don’t we need the Wisconsin connectiong

We tried recruiting cali hard and got us no where