SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

5 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

It opens again in the spring. 

This means to me is ask QB’s if they want a promotion within or go with a solid coordinator with QB credentials. Hopefully someone who is good to be the next head coach if O-coordinator, if hire within then for coordinator then need to find a solid qb coach.

My Bison friends were surprised and now enjoying our situation.

So when it comes to evaluating the talents of Tommy S. and Danny F.  the experts on this site are better at it than Michigan State and SDSU. Got it. This site has been destroyed by never-ending, unregulated trolls. It used to be home for fan discussions, now it's home to never ending fan arguments. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5

17 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

So when it comes to evaluating the talents of Tommy S. and Danny F.  the experts on this site are better at it than Michigan State and SDSU. Got it. This site has been destroyed by never-ending, unregulated trolls. It used to be home for fan discussions, now it's home to never ending fan arguments. 

Danny and Tommy….what was their W-L record?  I forget.

• Upvote 1

Everyone’s posting about how great of an opportunity this is, but this is a lateral move aren’t people looking at this like that this is not a step up. This is the state of the Und football program right now good gracious.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Thoughts @jdub27 ?

Looking for some fantasy world positivity on the current situation :) 

Don't bother. He'll just go into Father Knows Best mode, telling you how the real world works and that everything that can be done has been done and it's not constructive to discuss it on a discussion forum (yeah, I know, can't make it up). Then he'll wrap it up by telling you the solution is to send some emails.

With thinking like that, no wonder our athletic department looks like a high school department instead of a Division I collegiate department.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

22 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Everyone’s posting about how great of an opportunity this is, but this is a lateral move aren’t people looking at this like that this is not a step up. This is the state of the Und football program right now good gracious.

The end is near it people do not realize how horrific this makes UND football look. Go from OC to QB coach at a rival in-conference school? Not to mention the guy who is doing it “bleeds green”? Chaves and Armacost need to be held accountable here. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

With thinking like that, no wonder our athletic department looks like a high school department instead of a Division I collegiate department.

Guess the powers that be should have tried a gofundme instead of actually putting a plan together to (unfortunately unsuccessfully) keep a good coach here today. 

It's one thing to be frustrated, because I know I am today. But to continuously make asinine comments like this shows how little you actually look at or understand the bigger world of college athletics. UND is nowhere near the top of the food chain but there are an absolute ton of low and mid major programs (FCS and more than a few G5) that would trade places with their overall position (academics, facilities, support from admin, etc) in a heartbeat. And before you make things up again, not a single person is satisfied.

It's never as good as it seems and it's never as bad as it seems. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, CMSioux said:

Looks like one man's garage is another man's treasure

38 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Danny and Tommy….what was their W-L record?  I forget.

What is 19-16 the past 3 years for 200?  Take 2 Drake games out and 17-16.  OC makes no sense for the Jacks, QB coach makes sense.  I wanted this next season to see if Danny or Tommy was the issue of not letting things rip.  Now, we'll never know as Lunch Bucket Tommy Gun leads Sparty to a Big 10 Title and Danny wins a Natty as the premier FCS OC according to some.  Give me a break!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

The end is near it people do not realize how horrific this makes UND football look. Go from OC to QB coach at a rival in-conference school? Not to mention the guy who is doing it “bleeds green”? Chaves and Armacost need to be held accountable here. 

Obviously Danny was not happy about something!!  Danny must not have been the likely next HC, which probably means he would have been let go with the next HC coming in. Taking a step back is probably better than being unemployed, and it's on his terms now.  Actually a pretty smart move.

4 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

What is 19-16 the past 3 years for 200?  Take 2 Drake games out and 17-16.  OC makes no sense for the Jacks, QB coach makes sense.  I wanted this next season to see if Danny or Tommy was the issue of not letting things rip.  Now, we'll never know as Lunch Bucket Tommy Gun leads Sparty to a Big 10 Title and Danny wins a Natty as the premier FCS OC according to some.  Give me a break!!

I don't get it. If Freund doesn't have the talent to be OC, why the outrage? His move to SDSU and Schuster's to Michigan State ruin your science experiment?

• Downvote 2

10 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Obviously Danny was not happy about something!!  Danny must not have been the likely next HC, which probably means he would have been let go with the next HC coming in. Taking a step back is probably better than being unemployed, and it's on his terms now.  Actually a pretty smart move.

It’s a smart move given the circumstances, but we shouldn’t be in the position to begin with. Bubba Schweigert should’ve stepped down, or, otherwise, he should have been let go. Dates back to 2021 extension that wasn’t justified. All in all, I get what Danny Freund is doing, but it also shows just how hopeless the 2024 season is going to be. That is all because of how mismanaged this football program has lately been under Bubba and Chaves. UND football alums and fans should not be happy with how things have been managed. 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Well, seems like folks wanted change

Change needs to start at the top. Ultimately, the overall leadership has been poor. Can’t have crazy swings week to week like UND football has sustained under Schweigert.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Guess the powers that be should have tried a gofundme instead of actually putting a plan together to (unfortunately unsuccessfully) keep a good coach here today. 

It's one thing to be frustrated, because I know I am today. But to continuously make asinine comments like this shows how little you actually look at or understand the bigger world of college athletics. UND is nowhere near the top of the food chain but there are an absolute ton of low and mid major programs (FCS and more than a few G5) that would trade places with their overall position (academics, facilities, support from admin, etc) in a heartbeat. And before you make things up again, not a single person is satisfied.

It's never as good as it seems and it's never as bad as it seems. 

Again with a narrative that you think makes you seem well-informed and reasonable, but it really is lackadaisical nonsense that indirectly represents UND athletics’ problems, including UND football. 

This one is just pure bad. No good. Only good will be with change, but coaching change is only a small part of that; there needs to be more dollars put into football and I have little confidence the leaders in place will hire the right replacement. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1