SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

12 hours ago, jdub27 said:

At least you're finally admitting no one is saying it out loud, it's just the voices in your head telling you it's happening.... 

I’m afraid you’re actually the one with the auditory hallucinations given how often you bring up voices in heads on here …

It’s okay, I can sympathize; trying to constantly justify the current direction of UND football/athletics would be very debilitating.

8 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Special teams were a strength in 2023. The offense needs to be better against better teams. But that defense needs a complete overhaul.

Field goal unit … yeah, plenty to improve for special teams yet. 

16 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Field goal unit … yeah, plenty to improve for special teams yet. 

Really.  How many FG or Punts blocked by opponents vs how many FG or punts blocked by UND.  Statistics can be a bitch if you don't research the results.  Just maybe just the most negative person on the forum.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Really.  How many FG or Punts blocked by opponents vs how many FG or punts blocked by UND.  Statistics can be a bitch if you don't research the results.  Just maybe just the most negative person on the forum.

Maybe?

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Did you watch anything?

Got better towards end of season. Still FG kicking ain’t anywhere close to where it should be.

Changing the subject from how poor we are as team by people on this forum to something I think is more relevant is what progress has UND done on NIL group together support athletics. I know we have been working on the Alston awards, but it appears we need to be looking at Group that will put together organization to fund NIL money or benefits to athletes if we are compete at the division I level. I know this is going to be difficult thing to pull off, but I really believe we might as well start working on this. Personally, I think this is going to lead to end of the college sports as we know it especially for Mid-majors there just is not enough money at this level, I believe to compete with the large university that have access to big TV money and donor support. I think were heading for area where corruption enters college sports especially with legalized betting that is being done on college sports. But getting back to NIL money even small amounts would be helpful to retaining players or to get even more recruits coming here to play sports. I think area with most potential would be adding additional players by paying their tuition in effect increasing our scholarships and taking chances on developing players. If were going to be farm system for FBS we might as well build your team up with number players that could play several years for you before they move on or should I say being called up. FCS maybe should be lobby for every one that transfer up to FBS school needs to refund or pay them for developing their player especially with all money coming from tv rights. We could call this sharing of the wealth. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, ND-fan said:

Changing the subject from how poor we are as team by people on this forum to something I think is more relevant is what progress has UND done on NIL group together support athletics. I know we have been working on the Alston awards, but it appears we need to be looking at Group that will put together organization to fund NIL money or benefits to athletes if we are compete at the division I level. I know this is going to be difficult thing to pull off, but I really believe we might as well start working on this. Personally, I think this is going to lead to end of the college sports as we know it especially for Mid-majors there just is not enough money at this level, I believe to compete with the large university that have access to big TV money and donor support. I think were heading for area where corruption enters college sports especially with legalized betting that is being done on college sports. But getting back to NIL money even small amounts would be helpful to retaining players or to get even more recruits coming here to play sports. I think area with most potential would be adding additional players by paying their tuition in effect increasing our scholarships and taking chances on developing players. If were going to be farm system for FBS we might as well build your team up with number players that could play several years for you before they move on or should I say being called up. FCS maybe should be lobby for every one that transfer up to FBS school needs to refund or pay them for developing their player especially with all money coming from tv rights. We could call this sharing of the wealth. 

One other thing the department has been working on is endowed football scholarships.  I believe in the press release their have been I believe 12 or 13 scholarship endowments in the last 3 years.  Great job those that have step forward.  It is a great way to support the football program.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, FSSD said:

One other thing the department has been working on is endowed football scholarships.  I believe in the press release their have been I believe 12 or 13 scholarship endowments in the last 3 years.  Great job those that have step forward.  It is a great way to support the football program.

I just read an article that pretty much supports this. Their point? The news media controls college sports…not the commissioners or AD. ESPN can allow you to have a date and location of the game. This time will be determined? a week before. But if you are one of the key games, you fall into the ?5 day rule. You find out like Sunday or Monday when the game is based on who won or lost.

The editorial (?CNN, not sure) went on to say college football as we know it, will die after Monday night’s game.

Yes, NIL is important and who is starting it?

12 hours ago, ND-fan said:

A bit negative I’d still say but still a worthwhile thought. It will change and mid-majors will be less relevant, but it won’t end mid-majors. Collegiate athletics - especially college football - is getting to be bigger $ by the second. This means it will be harder for UND to have relevant football program on the national stage while trying to fund the program second-rate (due to the existence of hockey as first rate). There was always talk that UND hockey funding hurt UND football in the past, and it was controversial, but this is becoming a bigger deal day by day. There’s only a finite number of resources. Collegiate football is becoming less and less about development and more and more about what can you do for me right now. In essence, that means student-athlete payments through NIL, as well as facilities and winning right now. It’s why some push for coaching change now, it’s why getting the new facilities is a big deal, and it’s why winning championships is a big deal, although even the top programs (NDSU, SDSU, Montana) suffer loses to FBS . But, again, with UND putting all the chips in for hockey, it will get harder not easier for football, unless the philosophy changes. But there’s a lot of ice heads around Grand Forks and UND …

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Mama Sue said:

I just read an article that pretty much supports this. Their point? The news media controls college sports…not the commissioners or AD. ESPN can allow you to have a date and location of the game. This time will be determined? a week before. But if you are one of the key games, you fall into the ?5 day rule. You find out like Sunday or Monday when the game is based on who won or lost.

The editorial (?CNN, not sure) went on to say college football as we know it, will die after Monday night’s game.

Yes, NIL is important and who is starting it?

Another reason why UND/ Grand Forks not having a local communications voice now hurts. Everything moving to Fargo from a media perspective has significantly hurt UND and Grand Forks …

Other than Rod Carey, which coach in the past 20 years has been promoted to bigger and better things and Rod Kari just got lucky

other regional FCS teams have been launching boards, too bigger and better things. Our guys just transferred to other schools in the same conference.

Plus, the sky is the limit with the SDSU coach. We’re at Bubba has hit his peak.

I wonder if Luke will come back

For those keeping track (probably missing some): 

Danny to SDSU

Robbie Rouse to SDSU 

Steve Crutchley to NDSU 

Malcom Agnew to Sac St (now Stanford)

Chaves needs to find some $ so UND can start poaching our rivals' and conference opponents' coaches back... 

• Upvote 3

Will bubba trust the next guy in charge of the oc is the next question

this is a program defining moment

imassum they won’t have bubbas trust like Danny did and our offense will go back to Rudy days

by Jerry. By feeny

andnfinally

bye bubba

• Upvote 1