SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Non-UND FCS thread

The Sicatoka

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

Historically we don’t fare well against NDSU in the playoffs if we beat them in the regular season. I want this team to prove they’re worth a !@#$ though so I want teh bison in Fargo. If they kick our ass, we deserve that. If we win I may have to change how I feel about this years team. 

Historically? Haven't they only met twice and each team won once?  Both games in GF 1994 and 1995.

1 hour ago, 90siouxfan said:

Is there a chance we don't make the playoffs?

Big chance. There are many 8-2 , 7-4 and 8-3 teams that will get left out. Some of those teams have the same resume with a ranked win or two. Also some have better loses or close FBS loses. It would be unprecedented that a 13th ranked team in the polls who just won get left out but we have been screwed before by the committee. I wouldn’t rule anything out.

if they take 4 from the MVFC I can see them taking UND, but if they take 5 I can see them leaving out UND and using some justification that YSU and SIU deserved it more. Will they look at conference records ? Who knows. Larsen wants to screw UND any chance he gets and he owes YSU for screwing them last year

12 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

Historically? Haven't they only met twice and each team won once?  Both games in GF 1994 and 1995.

UND and NDSU have met in the playoffs way more than two times. Playoffs were our kryptonite throughout history even in the years when we beat NDSU in the regular season. I said this before but the NDSU dynasty in ND doesn’t fall until we beat them in the playoffs….

7 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Big chance. There are many 8-2 , 7-4 and 8-3 teams that will get left out. Some of those teams have the same resume with a ranked win or two. Also some have better loses or close FBS loses. It would be unprecedented that a 13th ranked team in the polls who just won get left out but we have been screwed before by the committee. I wouldn’t rule anything out.

if they take 4 from the MVFC I can see them taking UND, but if they take 5 I can see them leaving out UND and using some justification that YSU and SIU deserved it more. Will they look at conference records ? Who knows. Larsen wants to screw UND any chance he gets and he owes YSU for screwing them last year

Did he screw us last year too?

Izzo doing his best to justify ndsu as a 7 seed to be in opposite bracket of sdsu 

with Larsen on committee ndsu will get a good deal and Und will get screwed , they say he leaves the room with certain votes but like any meeting the best so called work is done in the bar the night before 

27 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

UND and NDSU have met in the playoffs way more than two times. Playoffs were our kryptonite throughout history even in the years when we beat NDSU in the regular season. I said this before but the NDSU dynasty in ND doesn’t fall until we beat them in the playoffs….

What other years? 

1 hour ago, Kab said:

Izzo doing his best to justify ndsu as a 7 seed to be in opposite bracket of sdsu 

with Larsen on committee ndsu will get a good deal and Und will get screwed , they say he leaves the room with certain votes but like any meeting the best so called work is done in the bar the night before 

Larsen will either get NDSU a 7 seed or not seeded and on the opposite bracket of SDSU.   No way will he let the Bison go to Brookings.

Will be really interesting to see how the seeding works out.  We beat NDSU.. we should have beat USD on the road other than an inept offensive performance and gave sdsu as good of a game as anyone else (not saying much).  The narrative that this team isn’t any good is just not true(Kelly green glasses firmly in place)

1 hour ago, Kab said:

Izzo had UND at Sac and playing into NDSU and that winner into SDSU, posted on the Fargo Forum.  

2 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

No. We met them in the playoffs in 94 and 95. 1-1

I remember that 94 was the first time because their was a huge back and forth as to whether the Nickel Trophy would be on the line in a playoff matchup,

• Upvote 1