SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-24 ND High School Hockey

Central vs. Sheyenne last night was a good EDC hockey game.  Sheyenne had control the first two periods, but the third was all GFC.

I think right now the top team is Red River from what I've seen.  North has a shot of winning it this year as well. 

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Central vs. Sheyenne last night was a good EDC hockey game.  Sheyenne had control the first two periods, but the third was all GFC.

I think right now the top team is Red River from what I've seen.  North has a shot of winning it this year as well. 

Hell of a story on the game winning goal scorer too...

https://twitter.com/Sheyenne_Hockey/status/1735865983448043713?t=jYvaITPA8Ok_cq85TiIVFw&s=19

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I think spots 1-3 in the EDC will be RR, Central, North, after that anyone's guess 4-7 with Davies, WFHS, Sheyenne, and South/Shanley.

Devils Lake goalie is good.  Was fun to watch him last night.  Gutty win for them. 

If South/Shanley can get some decent D zone play and goaltending......maybe. Hasn't been good in either facet so far.

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

I think spots 1-3 in the EDC will be RR, Central, North, after that anyone's guess 4-7 with Davies, WFHS, Sheyenne, and South/Shanley.

Devils Lake goalie is good.  Was fun to watch him last night.  Gutty win for them. 

It seems like Devils Lake always has a top tier tendy. I know they used to run dedicated goalie practices for all levels, including dry land workouts and summer goalie camps. Plus, to be frank they probably face a lot more shots than the average EDC goalie so they certainly get their game reps in. Either way it seems to be a common theme, so they must be doing something right with that position anyway. 

41 minutes ago, Johnny Five said:

Those DL boys had a some good seasons when they were at the Bantam A level.  Small town guy (me) thinks there's something to be said about playing together year after year as well when there's a group that has talent.

The group that were 2nd year Bantams last year were solid, same with Grafton. 

• Upvote 1

Since there were transfer ND kids on both teams I'll post it here......was just at girls hockey Moorhead (#7 AA) vs Warroad (#1A). Spuds won 1-0. MHS killed off two 5x3s in third. Moorhead has some top end skill. One heading to the Gophers and another to Quinnipiac. Fun game to watch.

25 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Since there were transfer ND kids on both teams I'll post it here......was just at girls hockey Moorhead (#7 AA) vs Warroad (#1A). Spuds won 1-0. MHS killed off two 5x3s in third. Moorhead has some top end skill. One heading to the Gophers and another to Quinnipiac. Fun game to watch.

Warroad????  Transfers?????

I'd have to see proof.....:lol: