SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-24 ND High School Hockey

On 11/20/2023 at 10:58 AM, Johnny Five said:

Girls side, all in state match ups Tuesday.  After North and Mandan, every game is worth a follow, it's going to be a complete crap shoot.  

DSH-Willy: 2 scrappy teams last year, each only lost 1-2 Seniors.  Should be a battle.

CHS-Minot: Minot lost great SRs after finishing 3rd last year.  They do have Ackerman who may be best goalie.  CHS light up front, good on the back end.

DL-WF: Lotta WF girls bolted town, they have a great tendy who just signed at Concordia.  DL may have best player in the state in Abrahamson, who's always dangerous.

GF-Davis: Lot of unknowns in this one.  2 new coaching staffs.  Should be interesting.

Jamestown-LB: LB lost both goalies to AAA teams, 3 good D to graduation and top F to ACL injury.  Not sure much on Jamestown but they do have Sorlie in net, who is a very good goalie. 

Interesting night ahead.    

Tues. 21st:   Dickinson at Williston    7:30 PM  
    Bismarck Century at Minot    7:00 PM  
    Grand Forks at Fargo Davies    7:30 PM  
    Devils Lake at West Fargo United    7:00 PM  
    Jamestown at Legacy/Bismarck    7:00 PM  

Fri. 24th:   SE U18AA Goldwings at Minot    7:30 PM  
    West Fargo United at Crookston    5:00 PM at Thief River Falls

Sat. 25th:   West Fargo United at Thief River Falls    12:00 PM at Thief River Falls
    Legacy/Bismarck at East Grand Forks    4:30 PM

Sorlie will keep the Jays in a lot of games. The coaches picked them 11th which is laughable. She is only in her third year as a goalie and has signed to play at Arizona St to play for their ACHA D1 team 

On 11/22/2023 at 5:43 PM, sioux rube said:

Not High School but bantam AA

West Fargo AA vs EGF on Sunday, roaming goalie gets run.

RPReplay_Final1700447736.mov

According to sources the kid that hit the WF goalie got 5 and 10, and suspended a month from all practices and games.

WF goalie had fractured teeth and busted up helmet, had to leave the game and a skater finished the game. 

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

According to sources the kid that hit the WF goalie got 5 and 10, and suspended a month from all practices and games.

WF goalie had fractured teeth and busted up helmet, had to leave the game and a skater finished the game. 

Boy when I look at it I see a kid skating as hard as he can focused on the puck and sees a goalie where he basically ought not normally to be at the last second and made the worst decision (no decision) and just braced for impact.

But I wasn't there and don't have a dog in it so I don't know the surrounding details... or how the game had been or if the kid was a frequent flyer for schinnanigans.

Horse collar or strangle hold takedown was equally as egregious IMHO, not how to stand up for your teammate. Ugly Ugly Ugly all around..

Hope the kids heal up fast from injuries and lessons learned.

10 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Good.  Complete bush league from that EGF player.  These are all high end kids that know what they are doing/can control their movements.  100% intentional.  

• Upvote 2

On 11/22/2023 at 8:49 AM, Frozen4sioux said:

Started looking for streaming option for all the teams. Availability is way beater than it has been following a few really basic YouTube channel examples.

Was able to watch a few games last night and it was awesome.

This is what I got so far, not sure if there are any updates or if there is a dedicated place for GFRR and West Fargo .

image.png.f4d9b65f8ab2acf26a6383255df76015.png

I believe west fargo has like packer TV or something like that.  With Sheyenne having Mustang Media West High has to have an equivalent.

Thanks for this!

58 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Good.  Complete bush league from that EGF player.  These are all high end kids that know what they are doing/can control their movements.  100% intentional.  

From everything I have heard about EGF Bantam AA this season this was just par for the course.

• Upvote 1

On 11/22/2023 at 6:49 AM, Frozen4sioux said:

Started looking for streaming option for all the teams. Availability is way beater than it has been following a few really basic YouTube channel examples.

Was able to watch a few games last night and it was awesome.

This is what I got so far, not sure if there are any updates or if there is a dedicated place for GFRR and West Fargo .

image.png.f4d9b65f8ab2acf26a6383255df76015.png

I wonder if Red River's games are on KNOX TV Youtube? 

12 hours ago, Wilbur said:

West Fargo High and Century played an entertaining back and forth game.  This will be Charlie Vig's last year of high school hockey.  Very bright future with his size and skill set.

Legacy WF decent game today too.  WF scored 2 late for 6-4 win.  Sabers got some work to do. 

Some good early season match ups this week:

In the west, interested in the Mandan at Minot game Tuesday.  East has some dandies: RR at North, Sheyenne at Davies, WF at GFC.  Non counter to keep an eye on this week would be Davies traveling west to take on CHS and LHS.  

Girls side I think best games are Davies at CHS, Mandan at WF United and Minot at GF. 

Not trying to disrespect any teams, this are just the one's that caught my attention.  Feel free to summarize if you catch a game this week.

2 hours ago, Johnny Five said:

Some good early season match ups this week:

In the west, interested in the Mandan at Minot game Tuesday.  East has some dandies: RR at North, Sheyenne at Davies, WF at GFC.  Non counter to keep an eye on this week would be Davies traveling west to take on CHS and LHS.  

Girls side I think best games are Davies at CHS, Mandan at WF United and Minot at GF. 

Not trying to disrespect any teams, this are just the one's that caught my attention.  Feel free to summarize if you catch a game this week.

Legacy comes here tomorrow night

The same Hazen team that lost to Century's JV a few days before just kicked the ever-loving crap out of Bismarck High last night... 

They were up 4 rip not even halfway through the 1st before Hazen took the foot off the gas a little, actually had them in runtime for a while in the 3rd.

Times have changed a bit