SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2023-24

cberkas

Thoughts on the CC game…

I agree with coach Mayotte’s post game comments-CC didn’t match Augustana’s intensity out of the blocks and again for the sixth straight game, CC took way too many penalties and had some bad d zone break downs that left Mbereko hanging out to dry.

I liked CC’s compete level though as they battled back from the 4-1 deficit. They had a five on three with a five minute power play and scored one but would’ve been nice to pop in two, obviously.

Give Auggie credit, they’re big and physical and well coached and earned that victory. They’re a good solid team that’s going to win some games this year.  

https://cctigers.com/news/2023/8/10/mens-ice-hockey-cc-hockey-announces-tv-partnership-with-soco-cw.aspx

Colorado College Hockey is excited to announce a new partnership with SOCO CW, which will televise as many as 15 games during the upcoming 2023-24 season.

SOCO CW is available to viewers throughout Colorado Springs, Pueblo and Southern Colorado on the following channels:

Over the air – Channel 57.1 or 21.2
Comcast – Channel 7, 707, 1020(HD), or 657(HD)
DirecTV – Channel 57
Dish – Channel 57
Streaming - Hulu & YouTube TV

Both CC vs. DU games at Ed Robson Arena will also be available on The CW in Denver and Northern Colorado, as well as up to 10 games on KGJT in Grand Junction and Western Colorado.

The television slate begins with CC's regular-season opener on Friday, Oct. 13, against Union College at Robson Arena. Twelve other home games will be televised live on SOCO CW, as well as the Dec. 8 game at North Dakota and the Jan. 12 game at Minnesota Duluth.

"We are very excited to partner with The SOCO CW and Nexstar Media Group," CC's Senior Associate Athletics Director for External Operations Scott Lowenberg said. "The excitement around the CC Tiger Hockey team and Robson Arena is at an all-time high. Add to that The CW's new partnership with the ACC Conference to televise football and basketball, it is exciting to be their partner for Colorado College Tiger Hockey. Sports fans throughout Southern Colorado will be able to watch some of the top college hockey games in the nation. I can't wait for October."

At least one game from every home weekend will be televised in '23-24.

"The excitement is mutual here at SOCO CW along with our sister CW station in Denver, KWGN and MyNetworkTV, KGJT in Grand Junction," said SOCO CW's Vice President & General Manager Donna D'Amico. "We are aligned with our parent company's goal to bring more local and regional sports to our viewers and this new partnership will provide exciting Division I hockey action right from our hometown. LET'S GO TIGERS!"

48 minutes ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

Ok, so I accidentally saw the video. Hard to believe contact caused that. That was reckless assault. No excuse for it. None…

It certainly looks odd how his leg came up so high. 
Former UND player Westin Michaud was actually playing in this game and addresses it:

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

It was odd how his leg came up. I've never seen a play like it. Very bizarre. He must have caught an edge and lost his balance. Very sad for all involved.

And it being his lead leg to the original contact. 

The comments I've seen make you wonder about people.