SiouxSports.com Forum

2025 Recruiting

geaux_sioux

49 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Don't be phoney; kids see right through that. Be who you are. 

Absolutely. I think ultimately what @sioux24/7 is saying is turn these commitments into a big deal. Play it up. It's fun for the fans, fun for the player committing. All these players are on social media. A lot of eyeballs. Let's just give into the fact that NDSU knows what they are doing.

Let's get into the weeds a bit. Bubba can use a very simple, very generic post (see Sather's Hawk gif). Same post for every commitment. Let the assistants with more of a personality, where it fits get a bit livelier (emojis that hint at the player, ect). 

I'm shocked this isn't something 100% of the fanbase would want to see. It feels like this program has no pulse. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, AJS said:

Absolutely. I think ultimately what @sioux24/7 is saying is turn these commitments into a big deal. Play it up. It's fun for the fans, fun for the player committing. All these players are on social media. A lot of eyeballs. Let's just give into the fact that NDSU knows what they are doing.

Let's get into the weeds a bit. Bubba can use a very simple, very generic post (see Sather's Hawk gif). Same post for every commitment. Let the assistants with more of a personality, where it fits get a bit livelier (emojis that hint at the player, ect). 

I'm shocked this isn't something 100% of the fanbase would want to see. It feels like this program has no pulse. 

Can just do a gif of his terrible griddy. Easy enough. Doesn’t have to say a word. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, AJS said:

I'm shocked this isn't something 100% of the fanbase would want to see. It feels like this program has no pulse

Well.... not sure what to tell people anymore about that one. It is going to be a looonnnnnnggggg two years

7 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Well.... not sure what to tell people anymore about that one. It is going to be a looonnnnnnggggg two years

That’s what South Dakota fans thought too and he did great last year , always hope 

19 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

What looks so bad about this loss is that he didn't flip to a bigger school that came along, he's leaving UND and now looking for something else.  I'm sure he's hoping for something big to come his way but to walk away and say he's 100% open makes me think it's not a good look for the program.   How else can you read it?

19 hours ago, UND1983 said:

Classic. Whatever I guess

Seems like in today's day and age, even after they verbally commit, coaches need to continue to coddle them them on a daily basis so they don't start looking around. :wink:

7 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Seems like in today's day and age, even after they verbally commit, coaches need to continue to coddle them them on a daily basis so they don't start looking around. :wink:

The 6th letter is always the Charm, 5 hand written letters just isn't enough these days.(photo from his twitter)  Here's to many more commitments, de-commitments, re-commitments, portal entries, portal exits, etc.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Hawkster said:

What looks so bad about this loss is that he didn't flip to a bigger school that came along, he's leaving UND and now looking for something else.  I'm sure he's hoping for something big to come his way but to walk away and say he's 100% open makes me think it's not a good look for the program.   How else can you read it?

It’s not a good look for the kid.  

Unless you are looking for something where did the program fail in this?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

The 6th letter is always the Charm, 5 hand written letters just isn't enough these days.(photo from his twitter)  Here's to many more commitments, de-commitments, re-commitments, portal entries, portal exits, etc.

Yep had seen those on his Twitter and is kinda what prompted my post. Looks like we were showing him a lot of love....but I guess it just wasn't enough. 

1 hour ago, homer said:

It’s not a good look for the kid.  

It's not, but it won't matter one bit to another school that wants him. Another school won't pass him up just because he decommitted from UND for no apparent reason.  This is just SOP now days. 

The mental drain on coaches now days has to be exhausting. They now pretty much have to worry about making every single player happy 365 days a year. If I was a young college coach a couple years out of college, and planned on coaching as my life long profession, I'd probably honestly start thinking twice. 

I suppose at some point they kind of get used to it and just don't take kids decommitting or hitting the portal as personal anymore, they are probably getting numb to it. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

Green logo on a black helmet would look good 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Every Dakota school has major recruiting buzz going right now.  Except us.  We are lifeless, again.  

I’ve seen a lot between the xDSU’s but USD is rolling right now too? I know they got some QB that had some offers.