SiouxSports.com Forum

2025 Recruiting

geaux_sioux

40 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

The truth is, we won't know if this class is "loaded" or not for a few years.

How come you don't respond with that when somebody claims a commit isn't good because of a lack of offers? 

• Downvote 3

48 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

How come you don't respond with that when somebody claims a commit isn't good because of a lack of offers? 

What class has UND ever recruited that’s been loaded? 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, SiouxBoys said:

I have never cared how many other offers a commit gets. Others on here think it is a huge indicator of recruiting success or failure. Ultimately, it's the results on game day that matter.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Seems pretty straight forward. Competing offers is what people look at when a player commits and that correlates with the hype that player receives. The more / “better” offers the more hype. Most importantly, other programs are validating that player.

Far from a guarantee and walk-ons and UND being the only FCS offers can end up more impactful. 

If UND ever wants to take that next step, they will have to up their recruiting. Winning recruiting battles. Not sure how that’s controversial.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I have never cared how many other offers a commit gets. Others on here think it is a huge indicator of recruiting success or failure. Ultimately, it's the results on game day that matter.

I fully agree with that. Just wondering why you've never said that, but you jumped at the chance to downplay the "loaded class" comment. Don't worry though, Teeder answered for you.

• Downvote 3

15 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Only time will tell on recruits; there are many variables. History is a fairly good predictor of the future. There are new individuals that provide a little bit of hope; new offensive coordinator, new strength and conditioning coach. The new facilities are outstanding. But our current head coach’s established philosophy and game day demeanor does not provide much hope or optimism, in my opinion.

This is a fair take. 

• Upvote 2

I'm sure there are opposites of this, but seems like many of the more highly thought of recruits we've gotten.....never turned into true stars. Molberg, Cloud, Sammy Fort, Q....and many others that had an FBS walk on offers or were highly thought of. Not to diminish them as they did contribute but were never all conference type of players.  Santiago, Oliveira, Wanzek, Belquist and a whole host of others that were not as highly thought of became big names for UND. Was Turner a big time recruit? Man we could use a guy like him at OLB again! 

That said, winning recruiting battles for guys with other quality FCS offers is a good thing! 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, forksandspoons said:

the black parts of memorial look "better" with the logos and wordings up there...still not sold on all the textures and colors but it's coming around on me....just wish out hpc 2.1 wasn't a lean to tho....considering all the renderings with stone and brick and whatnot....

Did a bit of a deep dive into the current offers. There are a lot of current offers, varying in competing offers. A pretty even mix between a lot, a few and none. Below is my wish list. The grade is based on competing offers and corelates to my excitement level. As always, a disclaimer of just because the player has a lot of competing offers does not mean they'll pan out at the collegiate level and vice versa. *This is not all of the offers* *Likely I missed a few exciting ones as well*

A

• Devine (OLB) - MN
  • Wagner (OL) - MN
  • Rehberg (DE) - NE
  • McGregor (OL) - IA
  • Kramlich (DB) - ND
  • Bindel (OL) - MO
  • Collins (ATH) - MO

B+

• Ackerman (DE) - NE
  • McCarty (OL) - MN

B