SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-2024 Season

SWSiouxMN

I think we still have some talent on this team we have recruited but right now they are either freshmen or not playing up to their potential. The problem is were not playing very good defense and teams are exposing this play. I don't understand how we have recruited many players that were high scorers before they came here and after being here for few years there shooting goes downhill. I will say again this season down fall started last spring with loss of assistant coaches and loss of some late transfer and the signing of players later in the signing period. This team needed to be here this summer and working on preparing for this season especially when we were going to be so young and most of the players having limited playing time last year. I think I would have looked for couple transfer to help this void but that's why we hire head coaches it their job to put a team together. I heard this most of last summer there was no immediate need to fill these positions of coaches there was plenty of time, but I don't think people looked at this team understood how under experienced they were going to be this year. This brings us to now and we are in no position to start conference season and expect to compete.

The future of this team lies in freshmen players of Horne and Pemberton they are size and speed we need to compete in the Summit. Beal has athletic abilities to be very good role player in guard position, but she needs to work on her outside shooting if anything has gone downhill. Vanderwahl has role as player who can play the post if she is not matched up with quick mobile post.  Aumer has gotten stronger and more physical, but I think it has cost her step so I wonder what her future will be with the program.  Hurst has offensive talents but her defense I believe gives more away than she can do offensively. Ibrahim I think could develop into pretty good post player and it was bad they had to pull her redshirt because year of development would have been really beneficial for next year. Cottingham I have no idea what type of player she develops into other than she quick enough has enough length to play guard. Owen can fill several roles and I believe she has ability to shoot from outside. 

This team right now short-term goal is to play complete game and to play defense well enough to keep us in the game. I believe this team is probably going to have poorer conference record tan 2020-2021 team of 2 conference wins as it stands now. This team is now playing for next year and who will be part of that team future plans. What a shame that we will lose full season step back to where we were at the end of 2020-21 season.

• Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

This is my first women’s game I was able to make this year. Not sure I’ll be coming back to another one this season

Didn't come today. Said that at the last game I was at. I had free tickets and could have went but can't watch this garbage ball in person.  I'll watch at home and take a nap now before the mens game 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, NewUndFan said:

Close game today ! Other then Pemberton get rid of the entire team including coaches next year 

If you're Kacie and you have given so much to this program and came back this season and get this mess do you just say "2024......no thanks" and clear out your locker? Definitely not an advocate of that behavior but in this case I'd totally understand.

12 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

If you're Kacie and you have given so much to this program and came back this season and get this mess do you just say "2024......no thanks" and clear out your locker? Definitely not an advocate of that behavior but in this case I'd totally understand.

I think this year is all about chasing records for Kacie