SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Early Departures & Portal Transfers

brianvf

3 hours ago, Kevin G said:

As someone born and raised in the Red River Valley, I can assure you that the earth is flat. 

Ok we hear we need more humor on this site.  “The Red River Valley was designed by that glacier to encourage more playing of soccer and hockey.”

5 hours ago, Kevin G said:

As someone born and raised in the Red River Valley, I can assure you that the earth is flat. 

Well you can see Fargo from Grand Forks. ;) Also, you can watch your dog run away for three days. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, SuhakiYeahYeah said:

Pretty slow, uneventful day unfortunately. Hope to hear d-man news soon.

As for the last forward spot, I wonder if they bring in another recruit instead of a portal add? Maybe Croal?

It seems to be a commit, then a week off, then another commit. Ha. 
The good news is that all of the portal additions so far have been players that should make an impact. 
The bulk of the roster is already set now, which is good. 

11 hours ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

I believe that a player should get 1 move, completely unencumbered, to any school - as long as it takes place prior to the junior year. The ONLY exceptions to this would be a change of coaching or a personal matter that can not be resolved any other way.

I also believe all of the BS restraint rules about attending a Major Junior camp, practice or signing (though playing less than 10 games) should be waived as well. Kids should be able to see both sides before the NCAA slams the door…

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

We're at (for sure*) 15F/6D/3G. 

Today'd be a great day to round out the defense. :) 

*as sure as anything is in college sports today, that is

Looking at the current list of D men in the portal, picking up someone from the top 8 would be great..

On 4/13/2023 at 11:28 AM, Frozen4sioux said:

Ahhh.......

Debatable.

Me thinks the jury may still be out as of now.

So far it’s been a net gain. I’ll take Connor Ford, Zach Driscoll, and Chris Jandric over Johnny Tychonick any day. I’m bummed to see Costantini leave and wish we could have developed Brent Johnson more. Hellsten, Budy, Bast are all very replaceable. But so far it’s been a net gain. Time will tell with the newbies but I’m excited about what we’ve grabbed from the portal this year. Give me another decent RHD and we will be looking okay.

Just now, hockeytherapy13 said:

So far it’s been a net gain. I’ll take Connor Ford, Zach Driscoll, and Chris Jandric over Johnny Tychonick any day. I’m bummed to see Costantini leave and wish we could have developed Brent Johnson more. Hellsten, Budy, Bast are all very replaceable. But so far it’s been a net gain. Time will tell with the newbies but I’m excited about what we’ve grabbed from the portal this year. Give me another decent RHD and we will be looking okay.

Just got one. A good one, too :D

• Like 2