SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 Recruiting

Hardcore Hawk

10 hours ago, iramurphy said:

Those guys have lots of  money. Money is a big part of recruiting. It’s the only reason I could think of that might entice someone to go there. 
Lighten up Francis. It has more to do with recruiting than some of the nonsense posted on this thread. 

Couple free duck calls......I would have found that enticing.  Still do!!

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, AJS said:

Besides the two that committed to ULM, I have not seen any of the other transfer offers commit / sign anywhere else. Until we see otherwise, you can hope for the best.

Top kids are going to get picked over by the P5 real quick and then down the pecking order.
Literally thousands of kids in the transfer portal. Plenty of time to weed through that and find some new talent.
Would seem most of the ones offered right away were ones you could connect a few dots to see some sort of connection.
No one disagrees that there is a need to bring in some talent, but adding bodies just to add bodies that can't help isn't going to do any good.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

44 minutes ago, Hambone said:

Well we have three transfers - one from Air Force and two from West Virginia State (DII)

As far as I have seen UND has two more offers out to transfers. Safety from Louisville and a DE who had an offer from Florida I believe. Unless there are others that I have not seen?

Why the transfer QB from Mary (Hentges) and a HS QB Sulik? 

Normal rotation plus backfill for Schuster's departure?
Bring both to get the QB room back to five (was four all season)? 
Prep for an all-Romfo two RB pro-set backfield (with Feeney or Kaminsky at QB)? 

19 minutes ago, Dustin said:

So looking at this list, would we say our defensive needs are being addressed?

I would say no because the defense needs to be addressed right now not a couple years from now. And the way this coaching staff develops players it takes years for that or it doesn't even happen. 

Couple positives from this class 

- 8 OL (Need this if you want to compete in the MVFC)

- Landon College (I think he'll have a good carreer)

Will need more help on defense if we don't want a repeat 

- 2-3 LB

- 2 Safety

- 2-3 DL

• Upvote 2

Outside of the junkyard dawg Jonah Reiling here are the 5 signees I’m most excited to see.

Langden College - twitchy and long. Would be perfect for a 4-3. Get him up to 255-265 slowly and I like what I see.

Alton Williams - great frame and athletic

Wyatt Bell - quick and mean

Colton Brunell - tough bigger runner with great vision and a little wiggle 

Deng Deng - first team all boom or bust team right here