SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-24 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

AlphaMikeFoxtrot

20 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

< goes to window >

< looks for other signs of apocalypse > 

That's a really bad hire. The NCHC wanted nothing to do with him. That's why he wasn't hired to be an official. 

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Don Adam is gone. 

His greatest on-ice moment:

It's too late for Tyler Kleven.   Yes, I realize he had quite a few instances where suspension was well deserved, but there were other times where he was held to a different standard.  Can't do that if you want to keep NHL caliber talent in the NCHC for as long as possible. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Celebrini might not be ready at the start of the season for BU after playing all of last year with a shoulder tear. Would be great if he debuts the week after UND visits Boston...

Why not just suit up the B.U. jv team if it's the easy way out your looking for 

8 minutes ago, 1966guy said:

Do not fear the BU Terrorists ... oops, I mean ... Terriers

(Neighbor's dog has me confuse those at times.) 

11 minutes ago, 1966guy said:

Beating them and then having them go on a tear once he is in the lineup is best case scenario for our pairwise. It's not like they are the only challenging opponent on our schedule.

New NCHC head of officials is Mike Schmitt.  Which means we can officially close the book on an official that once said "I just make things up as I go along."

Interesting side bar, I once called a penalty during a men's league game in Minot on Mike.  And yes, he argued all the way to the box. :lol:

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

New NCHC head of officials is Mike Schmitt.  Which means we can officially close the book on an official that once said "I just make things up as I go along."

That's not the exact quote ... ;)  

24 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Interesting side bar, I once called a penalty during a men's league game in Minot on Mike.  And yes, he argued all the way to the box. :lol:

I took a slash from him in a pick-up game. A pick-up game. :glare:

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, ChadR said:

Has UND posted the job opening for the 4th coach yet?

No posting.
Ulmer still listed as "volunteer" but has @UND.edu email so would guess he'd have the inside lane if they do an internal hire. 

What I learning in looking for that is this:
https://fightinghawks.com/sports/mens-ice-hockey/roster/staff/john-fitzgerald-phd/2072 

• Upvote 1