SiouxSports.com Forum

Friday thread vs UMD featuring Sporty Spice(r)

Oxbow6

6 hours ago, bcblues said:

Jake is a holdover from another era. Entertaining, but not in the same league as Alex. His outfits are entertaining, though!

I haven’t listened to a radio game this year and don’t know if Ole still does color for Tim but I really get a kick out of Ole and enjoy his comments.

4 hours ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

I haven’t listened to a radio game this year and don’t know if Ole still does color for Tim but I really get a kick out of Ole and enjoy his comments.

Ole is no longer with Tim...it is now Travis Dunn.....what a HUGE improvement he is.  Ole was alright, but just not the right fit, in my opinion 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, 1972 said:

Ole is no longer with Tim...it is now Travis Dunn.....what a HUGE improvement he is.  Ole was alright, but just not the right fit, in my opinion 

Darrin Looker is the color guy on the road. He does a great job. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, brianvf said:

I thought of that as well when I saw the lineup.
Unless by some miracle they can convince Frisch to come back.  But doubtful.

Hopefully Johnson returns being that he'd be thrust into hella minutes due to losing all the current d-men.

I know most on this site don’t care for #6.  I was fortunate enough to meet and watch him during his time in JRs at SF. In Jrs he was a great player and had a record setting season for SF and what this coaching staff is doing to him is wrong. They flipped him from another D1 program to come to UND when another player opted out last minute.  They knew he needed major shoulder surgery before coming to school but yet they still wanted him to come that year.  In reality he wasn’t ready, but he listened to the coaches and trusted what they were saying.  He has 36 collegiate games under his belt (basically 1 freshman season) and is expected to be perfect in games but I watch guys with over 100 games make the same mistakes yet he is the only one held accountable.  I’m sorry but that is not development.  Its going to be sad to see this kid force to leave UND over the mismanagement of his development.  He is such an awesome humble kid…. its a shame that things have work out that way for him. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Siouxfancrazy92 said:

I know most on this site don’t care for #6.  I was fortunate enough to meet and watch him during his time in JRs at SF. In Jrs he was a great player and had a record setting season for SF and what this coaching staff is doing to him is wrong. They flipped him from another D1 program to come to UND when another player opted out last minute.  They knew he needed major shoulder surgery before coming to school but yet they still wanted him to come that year.  In reality he wasn’t ready, but he listened to the coaches and trusted what they were saying.  He has 36 collegiate games under his belt (basically 1 freshman season) and is expected to be perfect in games but I watch guys with over 100 games make the same mistakes yet he is the only one held accountable.  I’m sorry but that is not development.  Its going to be sad to see this kid force to leave UND over the mismanagement of his development.  He is such an awesome humble kid…. its a shame that things have work out that way for him. 

Thank you for a good reminder that there is a human side to college hockey. 

Our d-core might be quite young and inexperienced next season, so if 6 stays he will likely have ample opportunity to develop and prove himself. That’s my hope anyway. 

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, Siouxfancrazy92 said:

Agree. I hope he comes back and shows us what he can do. 

35 minutes ago, Siouxfancrazy92 said:

I don’t have issues with him. And I don’t think he’s exactly been put in a position to succeed either. I think him and Moore make the same costly mistakes, and playing them on the same pairing is questionable at best. So I think what’s happened is that they’ve determined only one of them can be in the lineup and they’ve gone with Moore. 
I would put him in as the extra skater. Spot him some shifts with some other defensemen, see how it goes. 

If 29 18 26 are going to get just 3-4 shifts after the first period what's the point of a forward being the extra when 6 could see some spot duty. 5 Dman that played last night aren't coming back (fingers crossed on 15) and your top minute line last night was 3 guys that won't be back. Was really great to get a win but at what point is there a little development of the guys that could/should come back?