SiouxSports.com Forum

Friday thread vs UMD featuring Sporty Spice(r)

Oxbow6

14 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

If 29 18 26 are going to get just 3-4 shifts after the first period what's the point of a forward being the extra when 6 could see some spot duty. 5 Dman that played last night aren't coming back (fingers crossed on 15) and your top minute line last night was 3 guys that won't be back. Was really great to get a win but at what point is there a little development of the guys that could/should come back?

Well 18 continues to make mistakes and he was being frustrated by the end of the first.  Smacking his stick in the ice and such.  His head isn't in the right place right now.  I wouldn't be surprised to not see him in the lineup tonight

I am far from an expert hockey analyst / evaluator but in regards to the D corp.  I thought almost all were better last year, especially Johnson & Moore.  Only Jandric seems to have brought more to the table.  Farmer gets a pass as I have no previous thoughts.  But even Frisch & Kleven seem a bit less than last year.  

Is it a thing, that your competition will become acclimated to your game and how to deal with the longer they play against you?  Sort of like what gaber does from the left circle, everyone and their pets knows that move and sees it coming.

12 minutes ago, ksl_sioux4ever said:

Well 18 continues to make mistakes and he was being frustrated by the end of the first.  Smacking his stick in the ice and such.  His head isn't in the right place right now.  I wouldn't be surprised to not see him in the lineup tonight

Other than 6 18 has been jerked around more than anyone else. He did not regress as a player from last year on his own. 

How many Fr. did UMD play last night? Plenty of mistakes made but they are developing and in 2 years will thump a portal filled UND squad.

1 hour ago, Siouxfancrazy92 said:

I know most on this site don’t care for #6.  I was fortunate enough to meet and watch him during his time in JRs at SF. In Jrs he was a great player and had a record setting season for SF and what this coaching staff is doing to him is wrong. They flipped him from another D1 program to come to UND when another player opted out last minute.  They knew he needed major shoulder surgery before coming to school but yet they still wanted him to come that year.  In reality he wasn’t ready, but he listened to the coaches and trusted what they were saying.  He has 36 collegiate games under his belt (basically 1 freshman season) and is expected to be perfect in games but I watch guys with over 100 games make the same mistakes yet he is the only one held accountable.  I’m sorry but that is not development.  Its going to be sad to see this kid force to leave UND over the mismanagement of his development.  He is such an awesome humble kid…. its a shame that things have work out that way for him. 

Thanks for sharing. An upside to the portal change is that players in this situation are no longer punished with sitting a year. As he was coming in, humble and hard working kid from a good family was the story, so I've been surprised by his demeanor after mistakes. I was really happy for him when he scored in the regional last year.