SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Season (Tupac Era)

siouxvblove

Finally got to see them play.  Small sample size (for me, anyway), but jury is still out.  At times, their hitting and blocking look really good, and at others their receiving and passing is suspect.  I know it's still a work in progress for the Tupacs, so there will be good and bad.  Finally got a chance to familiarize myself with the roster, too.  Our team is very young - only 7 players are not freshmen or sophomores.

Ladies played great last night, just a couple more plays go our way and we get a win vs. one of the top teams in the summit who just beat USD. 

seems like defense is set up to dig hard hit balls so they are far back, which means the tips are harder to get. Looks like they are back on their heels, so it’s harder to run forward to get them. 

new rule the last few years is they can wear whatever they want on their lower body as long as it matches (all the same color). I like it, would probably make a lot of them more comfortable!

12 hours ago, Dustin said:

USD wins 3-2 with the 5th set going the distance at 18-16.  Sooooo close….

Played well, blocking was phenomenal! Too bad serve receive broke down at the end of the 5th. Pink jerseys were very fun!

Anyone notice how every game there are different girls on bench not dressed in uniform with headphones on? I can only imagine it’s concussions, but do we really have that many who get hit in the head?

3 minutes ago, loyalundfan said:

Played well, blocking was phenomenal! Too bad serve receive broke down at the end of the 5th. Pink jerseys were very fun!

Anyone notice how every game there are different girls on bench not dressed in uniform with headphones on? I can only imagine it’s concussions, but do we really have that many who get hit in the head?

I have only noticed Gayle and Olson, and Gayle was back playing last night. 

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Why would they play at Applebee's? Was the Betty booked with something else? ;) :D 

Very Funny: I watched the Women play on Midco last night at Applebee's, that was an exciting match. :) :D 

1 minute ago, Goon said:

Very Funny: I watched the Women play on Midco last night at Applebee's, that was an exciting match. 

Whew!
Thanks for clearing that up.
I'd hate for someone to have ... bumped or spiked ... your beer.  ;)  

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I thought this program was going in the right direction?

So far this season, not so much.

I really hope the basketball teams make some strides this season.

Think they are still working through the realities of the rebuild.  Sometimes you need to take a step back before taking a giant leap forward. 

• Upvote 2

Lost to Denver in 5 tonight, an improvement from 0-3 earlier this year. 3rd set was 38-36, I think the longest set I’ve ever seen. 

Anyone confused why Ashlynn Olson isn’t playing? Keeping tabs on stats or two right sides, Norris and Gayle, consistently are hitting negative or close to zero for most matches. Olson has been our #1 hitter for the last two seasons, and she hasn’t gotten a chance. Must not have better practice stats or something. Just curious

13 hours ago, loyalundfan said:

Lost to Denver in 5 tonight, an improvement from 0-3 earlier this year. 3rd set was 38-36, I think the longest set I’ve ever seen. 

Anyone confused why Ashlynn Olson isn’t playing? Keeping tabs on stats or two right sides, Norris and Gayle, consistently are hitting negative or close to zero for most matches. Olson has been our #1 hitter for the last two seasons, and she hasn’t gotten a chance. Must not have better practice stats or something. Just curious

I think she may be hurt.  She finally broke the rotation and then couple games later has not played at all.  I agree with what you are seeing from Norris and Gayle wondering when they make some changes.  I am seeing alot of bad setting to our hitters and mental errors.  Kind of disappointing after last season.