SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Season (Tupac Era)

siouxvblove

50 minutes ago, Goose15 said:

Anyone know what happened to Gayle? She didn't make the trip to Bozeman but is still listed on the roster. 

She’s wasn’t at the scrimmage either. I’m hoping she didn’t get injured again, she’s had a rough go of it. 

looks like they switched up line ups for the three matches this weekend, so I wonder if they are playing around with rotations until they find one they like. Good problem to have if there are 3-4 decent options!

On 8/30/2023 at 10:42 PM, farce poobah said:

Congrats Nebraska:  92,003

Nebraska Tunnel Walk

One thing I found interesting during the introductions is they played UNO's "intro video," for lack of a better name. At home matches (for all sports) we always play our video, but not the visiting teams. I took that as a cool thing to do for UNO during this match. I doubt they will do that for any other match, unless B1G conference rules state otherwise. 

6 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Our record is 1-5 with six sets won in six matches (3 sets came in the match we won).

It is early but early for all teams. We are experimenting with line ups but I suspect most teams are experimenting with line ups. We may be down a player or two but not the start I was expecting and hoping for.

I am trying not to read too much into our start with back to back road tournaments. Hopefully getting home this weekend, along with lessons learned from the road, will get us more notches in the win column. 

11 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Our record is 1-5 with six sets won in six matches (3 sets came in the match we won).

It is early but early for all teams. We are experimenting with line ups but I suspect most teams are experimenting with line ups. We may be down a player or two but not the start I was expecting and hoping for.

just get ready for conf season....

6 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Another loss 

University of New Mexico Logo
 L 1 - 3
Women's Volleyball vs New Mexico
UND Classic
Grand Forks, N.D.

New Mexico is good. #88 in RPI, we are in the 200’s. I thought they played them tough. First set was phenomenal, but couldn’t sustain the energy, and both teams settled down for the rest of the match. #8 for UNM was fun to watch! Interesting that or two upperclassmen who have been on the court for two years didn’t play (Hornyak and Olsen). But figured out what happened to Gayle. Looked like a broken/dislocated/sprained pinkie. 

Lost in 3 to norther Iowa yesterday. Some subs were made at the end of the 3rd set. Lipetzki and Olson got in. They play Dayton today at noon. Hopefully ESPN+ works on my phone (been having issues….) Dayton is good, best NDSU in 4, so it’ll be good to see how we match up. 

side note: Green Bay took USD to 5 sets!