SiouxSports.com Forum

The "NODAK" Trademark

The Sicatoka

1 hour ago, Frozen4sioux said:

My gawd as I told you BEFORE you pulled all this.

Your little group of people, who thought, who where giddy, who thought had some little kernel of knowledge others didnt... and you were hunna "Get him"

It's like you gave a lecture to Newton on gravity.... and they nodded and smiled and led you to believe you were "involved". 

That's a shame, they should have been upfront, naive, a bit, a lot, gullible on yall, but its what happened, your after action reflection should show this clearly.

I hate to say I told you so but...

I told you so.

Well nothing could be further from that disgusting reality.

But ... kinda almost like everything I've said has come...  to fruition.

I get your pissed all this plot didn't work to "get him" ... I hate to say I told you so but....

Oooof....... wow, talk about out of touch.

What do they say about the company that you keep.?

I don't really care who "found" this information and who "gave" it to Port. The fact of the matter is, it's out there for the public to see and it needs to be addressed. Also, what is this theory you have of people out to get "him"? Berry could have 4 Natty's to his name and I would still believe most people would want answers. I don't believe (I could be wrong) that people are out there trying to get him fired.

31 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

You can disagree with facts but it's a stretch beyond stretch to say anything in any of these pages can be anything close to construed as "physical" threats.

I see no such threats either.
The "ears" comment made (by you) was a reply to my reminder of the board guideline of "no profanity". 

If I missed something else, show me, but I haven't seen it. 

18 minutes ago, siouxkid12 said:

I don't really care who "found" this information and who "gave" it to Port. The fact of the matter is, it's out there for the public to see and it needs to be addressed. Also, what is this theory you have of people out to get "him"? Berry could have 4 Natty's to his name and I would still believe most people would want answers. I don't believe (I could be wrong) that people are out there trying to get him fired.

Thise taking credit for "Finding" this info was kinda like Columbus taking credit for North America.

What they did with their "Discovery" and why is.....

Paul-Harvey-lg_0.jpg

On 12/1/2022 at 3:14 PM, Frozen4sioux said:

Calling man's daughter dumb is something one should answer to behind the rink.

I'd doubt you'd be man enough to stand up to your comments, but also doubt Berry would stoop down to your level to teach you.

Either way I'd pay to watch that.

I took these two comments as suggesting physical action should be taken for comments some posters made.  

Finding a public record is no feat.
Realizing how it will look to the public is. 

Do you think UND got that trademark in hand in under 24 hours after Port's story was magic?
Or was UND tipped that they should be cleaning up how that looks long before. 

15 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Finding a public record is no feat.
Realizing how it will look to the public is. 

... and doing everything that was done in order to paint it publicly in a bad light, to make it look sinister to the public... and timing it in such a way .....  is... 

Well it didnt "Get Him"... but that's kinda the gotcha, isn't it?

Seems that's what's got the seething dander up around here.

Definitely can tell who's on the defensive now on all this.

Sure doesn't seem like that's coming from anyone in the vineyard.

On 12/8/2022 at 5:05 PM, 90siouxfan said:

could the daughter have acted without fathers knowledge, and the lawyer is bound to confidentiality.  I watched LA Law for 20 minutes in the 90s...

No. Used one of her dad's best friends as her lawyer.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Would a group that admittedly tipped off UND be:

a) out to get UND and its employees, or
b) looking to warn and protect UND and its employees. 

Revisionist at best, now that it didn't work.

1) not UND... or employees.. just singular,  but you know that.

2) A group wasn't looking to protect anything by farming the story out, after more reputable channels said...nah... nothing here... to a college athletic hating muck-racker? (acceptable?)

5 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Thise taking credit for "Finding" this info was kinda like Columbus taking credit for North America.

What they did with their "Discovery" and why is.....

Paul-Harvey-lg_0.jpg

Again, you are not doing anything but gaslighting the topic. Information is there and it needs to be addressed.

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Singular? No. At least three different parts of UND were quietly informed. 

Well when I walked into Andy's office I said "Take off the damn mask. I'm not Schlossman but do I have some juicy stuff on B-Rad.............."

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Singular? No. At least three different parts of UND were quietly informed. 

Quietly???. ... wooof.

Dictionary. Use it.

Singular was the target of the plot, you known that.

We all know it was taken to multiple multiple people, depts... and "Quietly" to whatever press would listen to the conspiracy theory.

From Port’s story to UND possessing the trademark: 24 hours. 24 clock, not business, hours.

In just 24 hours UND was informed, reached out to the owner, set up a meeting, negotiated transfer, completed the legal paperwork, and got the press release out. In 24 hours. UND? That fast? 

And you don’t believe UND was given early warning and had already started resolving the optics of the matter before Port arrived.  

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, 90siouxfan said:

I understand the situation,  but could Tarek if approached by Brianna to use his services reach out to Brad and inform him of her plans? Is that a breach of client/ attorney privilege?

Not without her permission and I’m not an attorney. 

21 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

.. and timing it in such a way .....  is... 

Over 2 years to clean it up before it hand any chance of being public. Don't complain about "timing" when they absolutely could have prevented this from being a problem. 

And if even some of what I was told within the last week is close to accurate, and I have no reason to doubt it, you're just straight out gaslighting the situation. It doesn't come close to painting BB in a bad light, yet here you are, continuing on. 

5 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Over 2 years to clean it up before it hand any chance of being public. Don't complain about "timing" when they absolutely could have prevented this from being a problem. 

And if even some of what I was told within the last week is close to accurate, and I have no reason to doubt it, you're just straight out gaslighting the situation. It doesn't come close to painting BB in a bad light, yet here you are, continuing on. 

Foolish to keep thinking the timing had anything to do with the BB/UND sede of things..

Timing was when it was decided to try use the info... but I suspect you know that too....

Just distracting enough... 

It all depends on I guess who you're listening to.. if they're  on this thread.. you've met Mr. Tip but sailed right past the iceberg.

I told them that from the beginning of trying to form up a posse.

And boy are they pissed it all didn't work.

I see trying to hide it now.

WITHOUT going into politics...

Lots of parallels to the Twitter situation here.

On 12/9/2022 at 5:42 PM, Frozen4sioux said:

Revisionist at best, now that it didn't work.

1) not UND... or employees.. just singular,  but you know that.

2) A group wasn't looking to protect anything by farming the story out, after more reputable channels said...nah... nothing here... to a college athletic hating muck-racker? (acceptable?)

It is still a sad situation.

Port is pretty plugged with the happening in the halls of 600 E Boulevard Ave in Bismarck. There were those there that got wind of this. My tinfoil hat theory could speculate Port was tipped off by someone from that address who wasn't getting any response when it was brought to UND's attention.

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Port is pretty plugged with the happening in the halls of 600 E Boulevard Ave in Bismarck. There were those there that got wind of this. My tinfoil hat theory could speculate Port was tipped off by someone from that address who wasn't getting any response when it was brought to UND's attention.

Nobody drove him down to 600 Boulevard to sniff this story out on his own.

Crumpled up trash of a story bounced out of many other wastebaskets before the dumpster diver "found it."

On 12/1/2022 at 10:43 PM, The Sicatoka said:

Brad and some cohorts (he'd need a lawyer like the name in Port's story) decide they don't want to use the official UND nickname. So they pick what Berry wanted during voting and use Brianna's LLC to get control over it. They have no profit intent in mind. They just want their own hockey nickname that isn't UND's official name. They get the word and use it, thus creating a new identity that is not UND's official identity. Ingenious.

And insubordinate. 

On 6/17/2022 at 2:30 PM, The Sicatoka said:

But with no substantiation. Things (rumors approaching slander/libel) put the forum at risk. 

On 5/16/2022 at 3:34 PM, The Sicatoka said:

To repeat, AGAIN, ...

Bring substance, proof, a link, a press report, something. Those make a moderator's job easy. 

Otherwise you are perpetuating a rumor and putting yourself and this forum in jeopardy (think: libel) and leave no choice but to remove such posts. 

@jimdahl for information