SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Football Season

Midwestern Hawk

14 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Some can stop fretting now: Tommy is in this photo. I'd call it slightly more important. 

https://fightinghawks.com/news/2023/8/23/football-north-dakota-announces-2023-team-captains.aspx 

Not so fast! This will be the next SS griefer hot take:

It's clear from that photo that Tommy thinks he's more important than anyone else because he didn't want his face obscured by wearing a helmet. ...embarrassing...not a good look...

• Upvote 3

How can Tommy be a captain and not be on the Fall poster? Why would we have him captain a team he won't be throwing for when Jerry K. starts taking the #1 reps next week. I don't understand this move by Bubba and Company!

(sense the sarcasm before you respond)

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, N of GF said:

Not so fast! This will be the next SS griefer hot take:

It's clear from that photo that Tommy thinks he's more important than anyone else because he didn't want his face obscured by wearing a helmet. ...embarrassing...not a good look...

That and he is standing in the middle. What a showboat!

On 8/22/2023 at 11:43 AM, nodak651 said:

Their sports coverage is the only reason I subscribe to the paper and I appreciate Tom as well.  If they just randomly stop covering stuff, it makes it harder to justify the subscription.  

It's pretty crazy that the Forum doesn't have an FCS guy that covers UND and NDSU and the FCS in general, neutrally.  The Fargo guys are homers and heavily biased towards NDSU and against UND, and Tom isn't a full time beat reporter.  They do a great job with The Rink Live, where they cover many programs neutrally.  Just interesting that the coverage for Football isn't remotely similar.

While I'm complaining, this annoys me (not an option for UND Athletics as a whole):
image.png.d68260d9e860ff6c4437b99183646ab5.png

Again, I love Tom's coverage too, I just wish there was more.  I'd guess they have him doing all kinds of things, and we know he grossly under paid.  The above options on the website are a slap in the face to all other UND sports.  Annoys me too...

• Upvote 2

On 8/22/2023 at 11:43 AM, nodak651 said:

Their sports coverage is the only reason I subscribe to the paper and I appreciate Tom as well.  If they just randomly stop covering stuff, it makes it harder to justify the subscription.  

It's pretty crazy that the Forum doesn't have an FCS guy that covers UND and NDSU and the FCS in general, neutrally.  The Fargo guys are homers and heavily biased towards NDSU and against UND, and Tom isn't a full time beat reporter.  They do a great job with The Rink Live, where they cover many programs neutrally.  Just interesting that the coverage for Football isn't remotely similar.

While I'm complaining, this annoys me (not an option for UND Athletics as a whole):
image.png.d68260d9e860ff6c4437b99183646ab5.png

Same sh*t, different day (post)

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

UND’s chihuahua hasn’t won any big games though. 1-2 in playoffs? 

Hopefully 2023 changes that record. 

I agree, have to win in playoffs. To be fair, the first half against Weber State might have been the worst half I have ever seen from a UND defense. Even if the defense is just average this year, I think it will be a great season. (Hilarious that we now say we have this good and creative offense with a questionable defense. Who would have guessed that under Bubba?)

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

UND’s chihuahua hasn’t won any big games though. 1-2 in playoffs? 

Hopefully 2023 changes that record. 

Maybe true, but c'mon now ... our D was absolutely brutal against Weber. That's not ALL on Tommy. Sure, you'd like to see him hit some deep ball and extend some more drives in big games, but it can hardly all be on him.

Lets look at our games against the defending national champs. We put up 35 points and started hot. Defense gave up 49. There wasn't a singular problem there.

10 hours ago, F'n Hawks said:

I agree, have to win in playoffs. To be fair, the first half against Weber State might have been the worst half I have ever seen from a UND defense. Even if the defense is just average this year, I think it will be a great season. (Hilarious that we now say we have this good and creative offense with a questionable defense. Who would have guessed that under Bubba?)

Bubba is a generation removed from being successful. It’s time for him to take the next step in his life and hand Danny the keys. The vibe has never been right in big games under his watch, but he’ll always be a UND guy, and that’s worth something. He’s just not a championship leader. 

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Maybe true, but c'mon now ... our D was absolutely brutal against Weber. That's not ALL on Tommy. Sure, you'd like to see him hit some deep ball and extend some more drives in big games, but it can hardly all be on him.

Lets look at our games against the defending national champs. We put up 35 points and started hot. Defense gave up 49. There wasn't a singular problem there.

Against NDSU, especially in 2021 with him getting all the defensive help he needed, what happened? I’m sorry - you either have it or you don’t. Tommy has been great, but let’s not act like he’s a championship QB (…yet). 

2 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

I'll get off my soap box, but it sounds like you're just griping because we haven't won a championship yet and you want to blame someone.

Haven’t won a championship? How about start by just winning some playoff games. UND and Bubba are 1-4 in the playoffs …

Choke job U under Bubba’s watch I’m afraid …

16 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Haven’t won a championship? How about start by just winning some playoff games. UND and Bubba are 1-4 in the playoffs …

Wait, you went from saying it was all Tommy to also blaming Bubba? Isn't that just reiterating my point that you can't blame losses 100% on a single person?

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

You seem to be in a great mood today. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

Drake game can't get here soon enough. Heck the 360 guys pregrame podcast can't get here soon enough. So ready for football!

Yes....only a week away now from pregame podcast....always look forward to that each week. Game week is almost here thank God! 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Fair, I think we'd all like to see it, but also not realistic. 

All these low expectation caps on what UND can and can’t do is ridiculous … sure 50 points is hyperbole, but lowering expectations year after year is b*llshit … win by a couple scores and make it the f*ckin goal 

• Like 1