SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (1-1) vs Pacific (1-1) 11/15 7PM

SWSiouxMN

6 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Rebuilding year 

We were rebuilding Sather’s first year when we had a roster of only 5 guys getting minutes. We were rebuilding the next year and had a worse roster. We were rebuilding last year and were the 350th best team in d1 basketball. Rebuilding again this year (still like the young guys a lot and think they can be good). It’s just getting old. Get into the portal and bring in some guys that can actually play 

I think I have finally cooled down a bit from being at that pathetic showing of a basketball game. Sather needs to go. Plain and simple. His offense is atrocious. Whoever he has doing the subbing needs to be demoted. He can't evaluate recruits at all. We are a team full of D2 level players besides Omot, Brooks, Trent, and Treysen. Sather needs to figure it out. It is such easy adjustments that he needs to make that would allow us to be 10x better. 

• Downvote 1

I saved my thoughts after the UIW game hoping we would look better.  UIW is an awful basketball team and we struggled with them.

The fact is UND is bad again.  Its not hard to see they have avg talent and very little bounce in their step.  It looks like a Princeton team.  

I like Sather and have no doubt he can coach but his recruiting has left alot to be desired.  At least Jones recruited talent.  The culture may have been bad but they had some dudes.  Dudes win games, not  culture. 

Hopefully they can win 10+ games and get in the tourney then develop Omot and Brooks.  

To say we struggled to score the ball last year is an understatement. We couldn’t find 1 of the 1,000 d1 players in the portal and have them replace x,y, and z from last years roster. That’s the frustrating thing for me, several guys should have been told good luck at your new d2 home. Instead it looks like we’ll have to put up with the same stuff as last year. The only thing that can save the season for me is if we just give the freshman all the minutes they want and pray they develop some jump shots and we can retain them for 4 years 

Seriously questioning next years recruits. We will not get better with the ones we signed.  Why blow all our scholarships before we see who is in the portal ?  Sather seems like a nice guy but I don't see that he knows what D1 talent is.  Plus this offense is starting to look like Richmonds at ndsu. Pass around and chuck up a contested 3