SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (1-1) vs Pacific (1-1) 11/15 7PM

SWSiouxMN

Our ball movement is once again at a snails pace and as a result we get poor looks and a poor percentage.  We think we have to hold the damn ball for 4 seconds st the top of the key instead of reversing it and making the defense actually shift…. And when we do get an open look, we have to find someone besides Norman occasionally that we can count on dropping an open 3…

1 minute ago, GoodGood said:

Would like to see us play a little more uptempo. No one on the team can generate a shot in the half court and I’ve never felt like Sathers offense has consistently generated good shots 

No up tempo feeds into pacific.  Do some motion and get some good passes off the cuts.

2 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

No up tempo feeds into pacific.  Do some motion and get some good passes off the cuts.

This is not just about this game. This is moving forward. Team cannot consistently generate good looks in the half court. Only time we have under Sather is when Marlon was here to bail him out 

3 minutes ago, LDL said:

I wish they would let some of the guys like Eaglestaff get a few more shots before pulling them.  they don't get a chance to get warmed up.

I’m not sure that we have set a screen to get a guy an open look. If we can’t make free throws on our home court it often means we don’t have confident shooters. 

2 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

This is not just about this game. This is moving forward. Team cannot consistently generate good looks in the half court. Only time we have under Sather is when Marlon was here to bail him out 

We are playing this team.  Develop the best way this game.

3 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

I’m not sure that we have set a screen to get a guy an open look. If we can’t make free throws on our home court it often means we don’t have confident shooters. 

Ira, pacific is a different animal.  At first we had deer in the head lights.  After just tired and not relaxing to shoot FT.  Not in shape for this fast pace.  Pacific has played 12 players.

7 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Ira, pacific is a different animal.  At first we had deer in the head lights.  After just tired and not relaxing to shoot FT.  Not in shape for this fast pace.  Pacific has played 12 players.

Yeah, this is a whole different level. I’ve noticed when they drive the lane and go up with a shot, they almost always use the backboard. We seem to toss up a weak floater or bounce it off the rim. We certainly aren’t shooting with any confidence. Finally got a 3

• Upvote 1