SiouxSports.com Forum

cberkas

2 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Watching the goofs Michigan game was tough…depressing watching two super skilled teams have an all out battle. I miss that.

We should get used to that, both those teams have concisely written nil policies, UND does not. NDSU has a concise policy, UND does not. We won’t keep our best and we won’t get the best. 

NDSU

https://www.scribd.com/document/513854314/North-Dakota-State-NIL

UM

https://s3.amazonaws.com/gophersports.com/documents/2021/6/30/Name_Image_Likeness_University_of_Minnesota_Athletics_Policy.pdf

UND, somewhere around page 166 it lists lots of things athletes can’t do

https://s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/sidearm.nextgen.sites/undsports.com/documents/2023/1/12/Athletics_Department_Policy_and_Procedures_7.1.21.pdf

4 hours ago, SiouxForever said:

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=217047

What is the ruling these days in 2023 regarding OHL time and NCAA eligibility?

Guy played in the OHL in 2019-20, is second leading goal scorer currently in college hockey.

I just heard him talked about on Chris Peters podcast “Talking Hockey Sense.” It was mentioned briefly and basically just said he appealed the NCAA to get his eligibility restored. Google has just informed me that a “clerical error” got his eligibility. Mentioned briefly here. 

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2023/01/13_Bowling-Greens-Swankler-.php

On 1/23/2023 at 7:27 PM, CarpeRemote said:

We should get used to that, both those teams have concisely written nil policies, UND does not. NDSU has a concise policy, UND does not. We won’t keep our best and we won’t get the best.

So we are back to this "plucky little mid-major" bull$h!t again? Just the thought of that makes me nauseous. We are a blue blood program. PERIOD. END OF STORY. We cannot, should not....and WILL NOT "get used to" anything less.

I honestly have never seen our athletic programs in such a state of decay and decline. President Armacost and the Alumni Association need to provide better leadership in this area.

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

UM and NDSU have NIL policies ... and they merely echo the NCAA policy. Should UND form another committee to write another already set policy document? 

That said, UND players are already using the NCAA policy on NIL in their favor

I think this could end up helping future recruiting. 

• image.png.cb006a8e406fac030b282c68950b4626.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Kevin G said:

PairWise correctly predicted the winner in 21 of 25 games last night. I don’t keep track of that, but that seems like a lot. 

We're late enough in season that it's fairly stable and reasonably predictive. 

Massey went 22-3 (I looked up UAF over UAA, rest are listed). 
https://masseyratings.com/ch/ncaa-d1/games?dt=20230127 

The CC/DU game was entertaining. It was clear that Denver was the deeper, more talented team but CC battled hard and didn’t look scared or intimidated. They had a great start, it didn’t feel that the arena, the big crowd, or the opponent was too big for CC. Mbereko faced 41 shots and several of them were of the grade A type. He stopped 39 of 41 good for a .951 save percentage. Like coach Mayotte said in his post game interview, the fact Mbereko wasn’t named one of the three stars is laughable. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

The CC/DU game was entertaining. It was clear that Denver was the deeper, more talented team but CC battled hard and didn’t look scared or intimidated. They had a great start, it didn’t feel that the arena, the big crowd, or the opponent was too big for CC. Mbereko faced 41 shots and several of them were of the grade A type. He stopped 39 of 41 good for a .951 save percentage. Like coach Mayotte said in his post game interview, the fact Mbereko wasn’t named one of the three stars is laughable. 

How was attendance?

37 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

How was attendance?

According to Schloss, almost 18,000. We decided not to go given we live down in the Springs. Between getting our 3 year old from school, getting her to grandma’s, and then battling rush hour traffic up in Denver, we decided to just watch it on tv. 

1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

Mberko was probably the best player on the ice last night. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Kevin G said:

Mberko was probably the best player on the ice last night. 

Despite playing hard and aggressive, CC still doesn’t have the skill or depth of Denver. It’s getting better though under Mayotte. Let’s hope he doesn’t get offered the Michigan job at the end of the season. 

1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

According to Schloss, almost 18,000. We decided not to go given we live down in the Springs. Between getting our 3 year old from school, getting her to grandma’s, and then battling rush hour traffic up in Denver, we decided to just watch it on tv. 

Impressive crowd last night. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Goon said:

Impressive crowd last night. 

A DU player (Magnus Chrona, I think) was interviewed after the game and was asked about the experience of playing at Ball Arena. His response included, “It’s better than North Dakota.”  

It seemed like a really weird thing to say.