SiouxSports.com Forum

cberkas

28 minutes ago, Kevin G said:

A DU player (Magnus Chrona, I think) was interviewed after the game and was asked about the experience of playing at Ball Arena. His response included, “It’s better than North Dakota.”  

It seemed like a really weird thing to say. 

Which is kind of funny, since he's used to playing in a quite arena except when UND is playing them there. 

28 minutes ago, Kevin G said:

A DU player (Magnus Chrona, I think) was interviewed after the game and was asked about the experience of playing at Ball Arena. His response included, “It’s better than North Dakota.”  

Denver hasn’t had a lot of success against UND in his time. (Not including this season). 

But that comment is still super weird. 

I don't think it is that weird....   comparing the noise / atmosphere of and 18k NHL rink to the Ralph and throwing in a backhanded compiment at the same time. 

If a UND player commented about playing at crowdless rink and compared it to playing DU everyone would chuckle...

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, 90siouxfan said:

I don't think it is that weird....   comparing the noise / atmosphere of and 18k NHL rink to the Ralph and throwing in a backhanded compiment at the same time. 

My thought as well.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Wow, UNO shuts out WMU, 2-0.  Broncos don't get shutout very often this season.
UNO goalie with 40 saves, impressive.

Yes, the other conference games sure aren’t going our way.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Kevin G said:

Yes, odd to say, but in reality a compliment. 

17 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

At one point there were 6 Hockey East teams in the top 15. Now it’s just BU. Crazy how volatile PWR can get in just a short span of time. 

Yes, and the positive is that now the NCHC has 4 teams in the top 15, so there will be opportunities to move up the rest of the regular season and playoffs.  We play 3 of those for sure, but it has now become put up, or shut up.  Time for talk has long since passed.

• Upvote 4