SiouxSports.com Forum

Beijing 2022 Olympics - Men's Hockey

ArchyAlum11

Say what you will about Korea's National Team in 2018, but at least that time was overwhelming made up of Korean Players with only a few forgien imports, China may as well be the Canada B-Team. What's more embarrassing, getting beat badly, or being so worried about getting beat badly that you hire a team of mostly foreigners to represent your country?

https://thediplomat.com/2022/02/china-recruited-canadians-to-avoid-embarrassment-on-olympic-ice/

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, ArchyAlum11 said:

Say what you will about Korea's National Team in 2018, but at least that time was overwhelming made up of Korean Players with only a few forgien imports, China may as well be the Canada B-Team. What's more embarrassing, getting beat badly, or being so worried about getting beat badly that you hire a team of mostly foreigners to represent your country?

https://thediplomat.com/2022/02/china-recruited-canadians-to-avoid-embarrassment-on-olympic-ice/

I know right! Hahahaha

5 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

Anyone have a link to the USA men’s games/schedule? 

2022 Winter Olympics Men’s Hockey TV Schedule

Wednesday, February 9

• Preliminary Round – Russian Olympic Committee vs. Switzerland
    • When: 3:50 a.m. ET on USA Network
  • Preliminary Round – Czech Republic vs. Denmark
    • When: 8:30 a.m. ET on USA Network
  • Preliminary Round – Sweden vs. Latvia
    • When: 11:10 p.m. ET on CNBC

Thursday, February 10

• Preliminary Round – Finland vs. Slovakia
    • When: 3:40 a.m. ET on USA Network
  • Preliminary Round – U.S. vs. China
    • When: 8:10 a.m. ET on USA Network
  • Preliminary Round – Canada vs. Germany
  • Preliminary Round – Denmark vs. Russian Olympic Committee
    • When: 11:10 p.m. ET on CNBC

Friday, February 11

• Preliminary Round – Czech Republic vs. Switzerland
    • When: 3:40 a.m. ET on USA Network
  • Preliminary Round – Sweden vs. Slovakia
  • Preliminary Round – Latvia vs. Finland
  • Preliminary Round – Canada vs. U.S.
    • When: 11:10 p.m. ET on USA Network

Saturday, February 12

• Preliminary Round – Germany vs. China
  • Preliminary Round – Russian Olympic Committee vs. Czech Republic
  • Preliminary Round – Switzerland vs. Denmark
    • When: 12:00 p.m. ET on USA Network
  • Preliminary Round – Slovakia vs. Latvia
    • When: 11:10 p.m. on CNBC

Sunday, February 13

• Preliminary Round – Finland vs. Sweden
    • When: 4:40 a.m. ET on USA Network
  • Preliminary Round – China vs. Canada
  • Preliminary Round – U.S. vs. Germany
    • When: 8:10 a.m. ET on USA Network

Monday, February 14

• Qualification Playoff – 11:10 p.m. on CNBC
  • Qualification Playoff – 11:10 p.m. on USA Network

Tuesday, February 15

Wednesday, February 16

• Qualification Playoff – 1:30 a.m. ET on USA Network
  • Qualification Playoff – 3:40 a.m. ET on USA Network
  • Qualification Playoff – 8:30 a.m. ET on USA Network

Thursday, February 17

• Semifinal – 11:10 p.m. ET on USA Network

Friday, February 18

• Semifinal – 8:45 a.m. ET on USA Network

Saturday, February 19

• Bronze Medal Game – 8:10 a.m. ET on CNBC
  • Gold Medal Game – 11:10 p.m. ET on USA Network

https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2022/02/03/2022-winter-olympics-a-guide-to-mens-hockey-at-the-beijing-winter-games/

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Chris Chelios' kid is playing ... for China

"Chelios" <- the Mandarin word for "are ya kiddin' me!

Not sure what's more pathetic, China trying to buy itself an Olympic team or all these western athletes with so little love of country that they are willing to give up there citizenship just to play in the Olympics. Keep in mind China does not allow dual citizenship so any of these forgien athletes had to give up there citizenship in there real country in order to be on team CCP.

• Upvote 4

32 minutes ago, ArchyAlum11 said:

Not sure what's more pathetic, China trying to buy itself an Olympic team or all these western athletes with so little love of country that they are willing to give up there citizenship just to play in the Olympics. Keep in mind China does not allow dual citizenship so any of these forgien athletes had to give up there citizenship in there real country in order to be on team CCP.

That is pathetic to be honest.

• Upvote 3

https://www.self.com/story/covid-19-beijing-winter-olympics-2022

Anyone who tests positive for COVID-19 at the games will have to isolate per IOC rules, which specify that people must remain either in a hospital or isolation facility until they have no COVID-19 symptoms and two consecutive negative PCR test results with at least 24 hours in between them. 

Hey, Jake, remember when I joked about spending three weeks in a 6' x 8' cinder block room with nothing but a bed and a door? No joke, eh? 

Oh, that's right, Jake won't read this unless (not until, unless) he gets back: no WiFi, internet to only approved outside sites, and a burner phone that can't be as good as what he normally uses. 

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

https://www.self.com/story/covid-19-beijing-winter-olympics-2022

Hey, Jake, remember when I joked about spending three weeks in a 6' x 8' cinder block room with nothing but a bed and a door? No joke, eh? 

Oh, that's right, Jake won't read this unless (not until, unless) he gets back: no WiFi, internet to only approved outside sites, and a burner phone that can't be as good as what he normally uses. 

I think he is still in L.A.

20 hours ago, ArchyAlum11 said:

How is this even legal? The IOC should ban this and DQ any nation caught doing it.

On 2/4/2022 at 8:31 AM, fightingsioux4life said:

How is this even legal? The IOC should ban this and DQ any nation caught doing it.

All that is required is that they are citizens, Korea did it during the 2018 Olympics, but at least Korea was overwhelming made up of native Born players, the sport is actually getting more following there, I even played on a local adult team while I lived there. China has taken this to the extreme level, as far as I know any player from a forgien country had to renounce there US, Canadian or other citizenship to get on the Chinese team, since the PRC doesn't allow dual citizens.

6 minutes ago, ArchyAlum11 said:

All that is required is that they are citizens, Korea did it during the 2018 Olympics, but at least Korea was overwhelming made up of native Born players, the sport is actually getting more following there, I even played on a local adult team while I lived there. China has taken this to the extreme level, as far as I know any player from a forgien country had to renounce there US, Canadian or other citizenship to get on the Chinese team, since the PRC doesn't allow dual citizens.

They are using the KHL team, those players have been there for about 3 years. 

China's Olympic hockey hopes rest on North American talent | Fox News

International Ice Hockey Federation rules allow players to represent a country if they've spent at least two years living there and playing for the national team. The pandemic forced Kunlun to relocate to the Moscow area and added another twist to the unusual journey of North Americans becoming part of China's Olympic team, but the IIHF determined the imported players were eligible to compete.