SiouxSports.com Forum

Saturday afternoon exhibition UND vs US under 18

crb1

That was just plain slow & sloppy.  So, now this team has two "honors":

1) First team to lose a "Destination Game"

2) First UND team to lose to the 17 year-olds (and got shut out, too).

Not exactly the kind of things for which you want to be remembered.

44 minutes ago, Oldguy said:

That was just plain slow & sloppy.  So, now this team has two "honors":

1) First team to lose a "Destination Game"

2) First UND team to lose to the 17 year-olds (and got shut out, too).

Not exactly the kind of things for which you want to be remembered.

We didn't play very well but those young whipper snappers were pretty good.

13 minutes ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

We didn't play very well but those young whipper snappers were pretty good.

I agree that this was maybe the best U18 Team I have seen, but when the #5 ranked college team gets shut out at home vs. high school kids, you can't just say the other team played well - that is only half the story.  This UND team now as a solid reputation for not showing up to a bunch of games.  How can they be called a team of "leaders" and be expected to do anything this season if they can't get focused on a regular basis?

1 minute ago, Oldguy said:

I agree that this was maybe the best U18 Team I have seen, but when the #5 ranked college team gets shut out at home vs. high school kids, you can't just say the other team played well - that is only half the story.  This UND team now as a solid reputation for not showing up to a bunch of games.  How can they be called a team of "leaders" and be expected to do anything this season if they can't get focused on a regular basis?

Totally agree. Outside of the loss this is troubling. 

15 minutes ago, Oldguy said:

The post game interview with Berry, it was mentioned that some players who got minutes today won’t be seeing minutes in the near future. Berry was unhappy and rightfully so.

1 hour ago, Green Banner said:

Ya I was surprised he was back home in Montana and not with the team. But were other players at home as well who were out of lineup idk?

He is back home in Edmonton...he stayed since he hasn't been home much or at all since Covid.

2 minutes ago, Sweethockey said:

The post game interview with Berry, it was mentioned that some players who got minutes today won’t be seeing minutes in the near future. Berry was unhappy and rightfully so.

Was that interview with Tim as I didn’t hear that with Alex and Jake after the game when he spoke with them?

1 hour ago, Sweethockey said:

I never put too much into these games. They are a good game to work things out after being off for 20 days. UND always dials back the physicality in these games as well.

That said we had quite a few forwards who were not noticeable today.

Instead of calling out those who didn't show up I will credit those who did.

Gaber, Ness, Albrecht, Hain, Constantini, Schmaltz.....i don't think I left anyone out.

13 minutes ago, petey23 said:

I never put too much into these games. They are a good game to work things out after being off for 20 games. UND always dials back the physicality in these games as well.

That said we had quite a few forwards who were not noticeable today.

Instead of calling out those who didn't show up I will credit those who did.

Gaber, Ness, Albrecht, Hain, Constantini, Schmaltz.....i don't think I left anyone out.

That is a fair assessment. One player who just makes me scratch my head is 28. Some games he can look like the best player on the ice with his size and quickness and skill and then for some stretches he can just disappear for weeks. 

1 hour ago, crb1 said:

That is a fair assessment. One player who just makes me scratch my head is 28. Some games he can look like the best player on the ice with his size and quickness and skill and then for some stretches he can just disappear for weeks. 

He's on a career long 10 game pointless streak. 

2 hours ago, Oldguy said:

They’re basically a brand new team together. Ups and downs were definitely expected from my end. They were missing Sanderson, Driscoll and jammer….and haven’t played i a while. The NTDP has been playing this whole time. There’s definitely a lack of skill on this team but I’d be lying if I wasn’t a bit shocked they’re ranked 5. Todays game stunk though 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

On a -20 degree day the 6500-7000 fans that showed up to watch made more of an effort to get to the game than the players made on the ice in 60 minutes of competing. 

Speaking of effort, shoutouts to the pyrotechnics crew and goal horn guy, for what must have been a taxing day of work.  Time and a half on holidays, right? ;)

24 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Speaking of effort, shoutouts to the pyrotechnics crew and goal horn guy, for what must have been a taxing day of work.  Time and a half on holidays, right? ;)

Our goal horn still work?  Been a while since I heard it.:(

On 1/1/2022 at 6:05 PM, Oldguy said:

I get tired of always hearing that we always get the other teams best game.  The entire team minus Hellsten is now on the milk carton.  Hope they are found soon or it's gonna be a long second half.