SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2021-22

cberkas

4 minutes ago, Gma loves hockey said:

Anyone else think of the Hakstol time out with the Gophers?      Wasn't it 3-0 Gophers and then we won 6-3?

I didn't see the first two periods, but if Mankato played like they did in the third the whole game. UMass goalie must have bailed them out. It was men against boys in the third, Mankato could do whatever they wanted.

38 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

Ditto.   Gave half a thought to leaving after two, but then said to myself "it might be the greatest comeback in WCHA FF history". (True story.)

Kinda like the Bruins fans who’d filed out of that huge come from behind victory over the Maple Leafs some years ago in the NHL playoffs. I believe it was a deciding game 7 too if I’m not mistaken. 

10 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Frattin biffed on a breakaway to ice it. He scores there and the Leafs move on.

....and effectively ended his career, Toronto shipped him off because of that and was misused and destroyed by LA coaching. 

Shame, its not like he had an empty net or anything either, but Toronto and their long and recent record of playoff dominance was just too arrogant for anything but perfection.

24 minutes ago, Wildfan said:

Odd that I find no one that will be kive streaming their announcement on campus. Groundbreaking on new rink occurs south of 33rd and Grange

Denny Sanford gives huge donation. New rink is called Midco Arena. To start play in 2023.