SiouxSports.com Forum

NCHC tournament game #1. Miami....we think.

Wilbur

8 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Hey Brad, Roger Federer called, he wants his headband back! 

*Brad, if you’re reading this, all in good fun! No harm intended! 

0955DD66-06D6-40B7-86E0-18374AD417E9.jpeg

I was wondering what was up with that but this makes complete sense now. 

Bergeron doesn't want the Seniors back. Wow.

"At this point I don't know (if any seniors will return)," Bergeron said. "Our goal is to get bigger, faster, stronger recruiting wise; to be transparent and open with the returning players in terms of where they fit. This is a serious time for Miami hockey, we're looking for players who can help us win. I mean if you can't help us win that game tonight, don't be here, because that's the bar."

23 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Bergeron doesn't want the Seniors back. Wow.

"At this point I don't know (if any seniors will return)," Bergeron said. "Our goal is to get bigger, faster, stronger recruiting wise; to be transparent and open with the returning players in terms of where they fit. This is a serious time for Miami hockey, we're looking for players who can help us win. I mean if you can't help us win that game tonight, don't be here, because that's the bar."

Not to be harsh, but this is a team that won 5 games this season.  He almost has to say they are starting fresh just to show that he's dedicated to winning.

5 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Not to be harsh, but this is a team that won 5 games this season.  He almost has to say they are starting fresh just to show that he's dedicated to winning.

I heard Bergeron with Hennessy on the radio. He basically said Miami had been recruiting the wrong kind of players, so I’m sure he just wants “his guys” on his team instead of Blasi’s leftovers that weren’t getting the job done. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, siouxforce19 said:

I heard Bergeron with Hennessy on the radio. He basically said Miami had been recruiting the wrong kind of players, so I’m sure he just wants “his guys” on his team instead of Blasi’s leftovers that weren’t getting the job done. 

Makes sense.

3 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

But to throw some of their players under the bus publicly?  Berry might say there were too many passengers on the bus tonight or something similar but he doesn't drive the bus over the players put it in reverse and then back over them.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

But to throw some of their players under the bus publicly?  Berry might say there were too many passengers on the bus tonight or something similar but he doesn't drive the bus over the players put it in reverse and then back over them.

I think his points made sense but I’m not sure being that blunt is always a great idea. 

• Upvote 1

Just a clear and unmistakable difference in talent on the ice tonight. Miami gave plenty of effort, but they simply weren't in our league in this one. Definitely a d-bag thing to publicly say about your seniors, but he's really not wrong. 

UND could have had 10+ goals tonight. They absolutely skated circles around Miami for long chunks of the game. So many Grade As in the third that UND didn't connect on.

Massive game from Adams and Guchi. They were so dang good.

Not our best effort, either. D got a bit sloppy in the zone at times, especially early on. But, in the second and for most of the third, UND absolutely dominated. 

Looking forward to the semis. Still missing Mash and I sure hope JBD is ok. He seemed alright after he shook off the cobwebs. Absolute warrior to keep going and even blocked a shot.

Btw, I understand why they didn't, but my goodness, the refs need to blow that play dead with JBD on shakey legs. Clearly a head injury and was obviously not selling it because he just blew a tire with no opposition around. Refs need to blow that dead. They did with Kleven earlier in the game.