SiouxSports.com Forum

Slaw dogs VS f'hawks gameday.

Nodak78

37 minutes ago, ToDaClub said:

"Hot mike" of the Ref at half time was the lead story this morning on The Dan Patrick show due to one of his guys being a SIU alum. If anyone is still curious about what was said,  "I can't hear F-ing Sh#t on this f-ing thing." :lol:

Give that ref a raise! Can’t pay enough for that free publicity!

3 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Stat (and surprise) of game was SIU 35 rushes for 90 net yards (2.6 ypc) and UND rushes 39 times for 229 net yard (5.9 ypc).  Based on pre-game hype, this bodes very well for UND this spring and next fall.

Otis had 91 yards rushing

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, iramurphy said:

Then I guess we disagree about what’s important. Let em yap. No coach should make decisions based on an opponents big mouth. Bubba needs to prepare an entire team for continued success. They just got their butts kicked. Schuster had a great game which should give him confidence. Vaughn also needs reps and dare I say needs the reps as much if not more than Schuster. Everything this team does should be with a focus on winning each game, and ultimately making the playoffs and winning championships. If you start worrying about an opponents trash talking you have lost focus on what’s important. 

when they yap too much....gronk style

you also missed the part about game day experience....all these young guys including tommy need as many game day reps (even if it is just taking the center snap and handing off) as possible to get a feel for "live" experience.  he'll need it for SDSU and USD....

Proof that he HPC is worth every penny.  

https://siusalukis.com/news/2021/2/20/football-falls-at-north-dakota-44-21.aspx

"The Salukis were not the same crisp football team that beat No. 25 ranked SEMO 110 days ago. Practice time has been in short supply for Southern during the last 10 days, due to snow and ice-covered turf at Saluki Stadium."

5 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

"The Salukis were not the same crisp football team that beat No. 25 ranked SEMO 110 days ago. Practice time has been in short supply for Southern during the last 10 days, due to snow and ice-covered turf at Saluki Stadium."

they probably had 1/2 inch of snow and 55 degree weather...cry babys

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Excuses are like assholes, everyones got them and they all stink.

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

when they yap too much....gronk style

you also missed the part about game day experience....all these young guys including tommy need as many game day reps (even if it is just taking the center snap and handing off) as possible to get a feel for "live" experience.  he'll need it for SDSU and USD....

I didn’t miss anything. I understand everything I need to about reps and game day experience, as well as the importance of getting backups reps and experience.  I don’t need to restate my opinion. 

• Upvote 1

Baker will stay, essentially, for two reasons. No. 1, the sophomore was the Missouri Valley Football Conference offensive player of the week after helping SIU topple previously No. 1 North Dakota State on Saturday, throwing for 254 yards and a touchdown. No. 2, the Opening Day starter, Karé Lyles, suffered two broken ribs in SIU's loss at North Dakota and will miss a couple weeks.
https://thesouthern.com/sports/college/salukimania/baker-to-start-at-quarterback-for-no-11-salukis-as-lyles-recovers-from-broken-ribs/article_c0187881-5621-5b35-92eb-e0579b716b79.html