SiouxSports.com Forum

Pod style game 6-Stearns County

Wilbur

41 minutes ago, SandbagScout said:

Its a perennial thing now. Year in and year out the huskies mop this once proud program called the fighting hawks. The fall from self proclaimed greatness makes you wonder about the future of the program. It also makes you wonder, could this be an undermining scheme by the libs? I will take a knee for that type of thinking. As a god fearing hockey fan I appreciate your cardboard cutouts wearing "sioux" jerseys. I expected better, we deserve better, and this is not the proud program I know.

Politics are against forum rules. So is trolling. So is pretending to be someone (a UND fan) you're not. Clean it up. 

- Moderators

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

It seems like every championship team goes through some adversity that hardens them, and allows them to recall lessons from it.  Let’s hope they show some resolve and come out on the other side as a better team as a result.  The 2016 team got swept by Denver late in the year and then didn’t do much at the Frozen Faceoff before running the table.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

A buddy said there is a lack of leadership. I have to agree. He also mentioned there may be division in the locker room due to the kneeling. Could be. But winning a few games would help. I thought they have played pretty good - until today. SCSU's speed killed them. And the penalties killed them.

@UNDBIZdivision in the locker room due to what? get the politics out of here, clean it up.

1 hour ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

A buddy said there is a lack of leadership. I have to agree. He also mentioned there may be division in the locker room due to the kneeling. Could be. But winning a few games would help. I thought they have played pretty good - until today. SCSU's speed killed them. And the penalties killed them.

Distractions are never a good thing.  There are enough unavoidable distractions that will pop up over he course of a season that there is no reason to add an avoidable one early on, which is unfortunately what a few players decided to create.  Still too early to panic but due to the non-standard season they don't have the leeway they used to have to figure things out. 

• Upvote 1

Can’t tell if they lost some of their swagger from last year, or if they think things are going to come easy.  When things didn’t go their way last year, Cole Smith would step up physically or with a big play.  Need someone to take over in those situations, that’s what leaders do.  Hopefully Kawaguchi starts to bury his chances. Shouldn’t have to wait for a couple of freshmen to come back to get to the next level, no matter how talented they are.

3 hours ago, SandbagScout said:

Its a perennial thing now. Year in and year out the huskies mop this once proud program called the fighting hawks. The fall from self proclaimed greatness makes you wonder about the future of the program. It also makes you wonder, could this be an undermining scheme by the libs? I will take a knee for that type of thinking. As a god fearing hockey fan I appreciate your cardboard cutouts wearing "sioux" jerseys. I expected better, we deserve better, and this is not the proud program I know.

Seems to me you don’t follow this team or are one of those fans that spout !@#$ that isn’t factual at all. Your ignorance is showing. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1