SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-2021 Season

SWSiouxMN

8 hours ago, MIBT said:

I believe they both also dealt with injuries this year. I wouldn't assume their lack of progress was because they didn't develop. Neither plays Gue's position either. He split time with Rocky last year and Witz did that this year. If they don't step up next year, I expect the Bison to struggle. They have both shown signs to be very good though.

Not a Bison or Sioux fan. Just a fan of ND college sports.

The Bison roster will change quite abit next year, but I like the parts.  I would expect Griesel Eady Knotek to grow and I mprove, but Shahid’s minutes will goto Don Carter, and Hayes and Christianson will get minutes.  I also expect much more from Hunter his senior season and Cook who redshirted.  Skunberg may get minutes right away too.   I like the parts next year, and the depth .  Rocky will also be expected to handle more scoring and lead the team, and I like his skill set.

On 3/13/2020 at 1:12 PM, southpaw said:

NCAA has granted all spring sport athletes an additional year.

They're currently discussing winter sports as well. How about another year for Marlon?

Marlon’s career ended Tuesday night. They are talking about another year for those seniors that were still playing or had already qualified for the Big Dance. Ward and Vinnie would be invluded, although I really doubt Ward would come back.

36 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Marlon’s career ended Tuesday night. They are talking about another year for those seniors that were still playing or had already qualified for the Big Dance. Ward and Vinnie would be invluded, although I really doubt Ward would come back.

No chance

8 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

That would be incredibly dumb for those low seeded teams that were going to play 1 maybe 2 more games to get an entire season. I’m not saying you hand select who gets another year either.  I feel bad for the players but that would be ridiculous. 

2 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

That would be incredibly dumb for those low seeded teams that were going to play 1 maybe 2 more games to get an entire season. I’m not saying you hand select who gets another year either.  I feel bad for the players but that would be ridiculous. 

Not saying it is the best decision, just something that was mentioned. 

2 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

Not saying it is the best decision, just something that was mentioned. 

Not mentioned by anyone within the NCAA.  It would be all or nothing.  How do you determine who was playing in the NIT or other postseason tournaments.  Sucks for current seniors but wishful thinking on your part.  

There is no reason to grant another year of eligibility for winter sports teams who played an entire season.  If you do it for the seniors why not others. Just teams who made the tourney or are still in the playoffs?  Scholarship and incoming recruits do what. I don’t see this happening. 

9 hours ago, homer said:

Not mentioned by anyone within the NCAA.  It would be all or nothing.  How do you determine who was playing in the NIT or other postseason tournaments.  Sucks for current seniors but wishful thinking on your part.  

You are comparing kids that miss out on the NIT or CBI to kids missing out on the Big Dance? I am not saying it is the best plan, but there is NO reason a player that completed their season should get another year. It really sucks for the kids, and seniors in particular, that missed out on the tournament. There probably isn't a good solution and my guess is there will be no relief for Winter season kids, but there should be. And for the conferences that didn't complete their tournaments, the highest remaining seed gets the benefit of the extra year. The regular season does matter. 

26 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

You are comparing kids that miss out on the NIT or CBI to kids missing out on the Big Dance? I am not saying it is the best plan, but there is NO reason a player that completed their season should get another year. It really sucks for the kids, and seniors in particular, that missed out on the tournament. There probably isn't a good solution and my guess is there will be no relief for Winter season kids, but there should be. And for the conferences that didn't complete their tournaments, the highest remaining seed gets the benefit of the extra year. The regular season does matter. 

Again, it will be all schools or no schools.  Reason being is you have to raise the maximum scholarship limits to make this work.  Your telling me that the NCAA would do this for 1/3 of their schools and than allow transfers?   Again, wishful thinking due to a !@#!$ situation.   

The way things are being done now in the US I wouldn't be surprised if 2019-2020 seasons will be do over next year where players will be able to have extra year of eligibility given to them if they so choose. Since they already have opened the door to spring athletes and since the winter season was not completed  I can see them giving extra year of eligibility and having schools being able to have larger number scholarships. Other reasons for this will be that recruits coming in will have not had their high school complete seasons and way things are now I doubt were going to have normal year where these recruits are going to play on AAU teams come spring and summer. Second the teams are not going to be able to work out like in past over the summer and we could still be dragging on with convid-19 even starting next season. The way things have been handled in past has since long gone by with how were handling this virus breakout.  I am thinking right now that football season is already in jeopardy for this fall. The way they are trying to control numbers on this sickness is its easily going to stretch out more than 6 months and my guess it will be close to year to year half before we get back to anything normal. I also got to believe that baseball will not be played this year and same thing for golf. American people are going to have to find themselves something else fill their free time for at least remainder of this year other than  sports.

1 minute ago, sioux24/7 said:

Another

You beat me to the punch.  No surprises here as the soon to be junior class is now down to 2 scholarship players and 1 walk-on.

I'm sure there are going to be a couple more before this is all over, but am interested to see how Sather decides to fill it.

Need another PG... need another PG. 

2 hours ago, Dagger said:

What are chances Saddler and Panoams stay around?

Those two are the ones I am most interested in.  I wonder if one or both of them are graduating and just might say, I got my degree and I am ready to move on with my life. 

I find it hard to believe that either one of these two are going to get more minutes next year.