SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

Republican shenanigans will land them in jail.  Dear Leader and his cult hate fair elections. 

https://news.yahoo.com/california-republicans-allegedly-setting-fake-043500622.html

California Secretary of State Alex Padilla's office has received complaints about what appear to be unauthorized ballot drop boxes in Los Angeles, Orange, and Fresno counties, and it appears from social media posts that California Republicans have set them up to collect ballots, The Orange County Register reported Sunday night. The metal boxes, which purport to be "official," have been reported at local political party offices, churches, and headquarters for GOP candidates.

Slate judiciary staff writer Mark Joseph Stern sees something a little more nefarious than just trying to make it more convenient for Republicans to vote. "California Republicans are allegedly creating fake drop boxes and tricking voters into depositing their ballots in them," he tweeted. "Apparently they're trying to prove voter fraud is real by committing actual election fraud."

Update:  It's illegal. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/siladityaray/2020/10/12/california-republicans-set-up-unofficial-ballot-drop-off-boxes-deemed-illegal-by-state-officials/#58a778751995

4 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

are those "with" or "of" numbers....because in North and South Dakota if you do a lethal shot heroine while quarantining you are counted as "with"...

My heroine would be Selma Hayek. 

I hope she isn't lethal. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Did you read your link?

Yes.  Did you? 

Operating unofficial ballot drop boxes — especially those misrepresented as official drop boxes — is not just misleading to voters, it’s a violation of state law,” California Secretary of State Alex Padilla told the Washington Post. Padilla noted that his office was coordinating with local officials to address “the multiple reports of unauthorized ballot drop boxes,” adding “Californians should only use official ballot drop boxes that have been deployed and secured by their county elections office”.

• Upvote 1

Same article:

Kelley noted that while third party ballot collections were allowed, “a voter must designate someone to return their ballot on their behalf."

Seems quite nuanced to claim you're not "designating someone to return ballot" when you're dropping it in a box in a facility (church, party office, candidate's office) where your vote more than likely is in their favor. 

How was the other side accomplishing this when they were "ballot harvesting" (term from article) at their events? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nodak78 said:

If this poll holds up.  Not a good sign for Dems in MN.  It's a Rep poll so take it with a grain of salt.

https://www.congressionalleadershipfund.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/MN-07-August-Polling-Memo.pdf

The WSJ has been noting that MN (reliably D) has been a battleground for months. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

If this poll holds up.  Not a good sign for Dems in MN.  It's a Rep poll so take it with a grain of salt.

https://www.congressionalleadershipfund.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/MN-07-August-Polling-Memo.pdf

2 month old poll.  Peterson won by 5 points in 2016 and 2018, while it appears Trump won that district by 30 points in 2016. 

It is probably closer than 10 pts, but it wouldn't be too surprising to see the GOP take that seat in that district.  Kinda surprised they didn't win it in 2016.  

Still, Minnesota as a whole will go to Biden. 

9 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

The WSJ has been noting that MN (reliably D) has been a battleground for months. 

I was in Chokio, Minnesota this past weekend, and it was definitely MAGA country. 

1 minute ago, Goon said:

I was in Chokio, Minnesota this past weekend, and it was definitely MAGA country. 

Forgive me, but ... meh. That's 25 miles from SD.

If you told me you were in Chaska and saw ten to one Trump signs I'd be listening. 

45 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

2 month old poll.  Peterson won by 5 points in 2016 and 2018, while it appears Trump won that district by 30 points in 2016. 

It is probably closer than 10 pts, but it wouldn't be too surprising to see the GOP take that seat in that district.  Kinda surprised they didn't win it in 2016.  

Still, Minnesota as a whole will go to Biden. 

Possibly, but with the resources Dems are putting into MN one has to wonder if it's a lot closer than the MSM polls would have you believe.  This has been more than the token "I'm gonna show up once to avoid the Hillary mistake" of 2016. 

The race in the 7th is going to be interesting no matter who wins, because if MN loses a seat I am going to guess it will be this district that goes away and gets carved up by the other ones. 

I'm guessing that no matter the result this is Petersons last race , especially if the 7th goes away. 

If Michelle wins.... what does she do in '22 then if her district goes away?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hayduke1 said:

Dear Leader is saying that blue states are going to hell.. 

https://news.yahoo.com/trumps-new-pitch-to-voters-blue-states-are-going-to-hell-183953012.html

Trump's new pitch to voters: Blue states are 'going to hell'

Not to worry, blue staters!

It's perfectly normal to refer to places as "going to hell" but I don't expect some folks to be able to understand that... like you for example.