SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

Dear Leader's attitude or possibly even his White House may have caused this new dilemma 

Which Animal House quote is more appropriate:

A.  Remain calm, all is well. 

B.  Thank you sir, may I have another. 

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/10/06/us/trump-covid-live-updates/top-us-military-leaders-including-chairman-of-the-joint-chiefs-of-staff-are-quarantining-after-being-exposed-to-the-virus

White House officials, citing national security concerns, last weekend told Defense Department officials that they should no longer inform the public or the press about the coronavirus status of senior Pentagon leaders. But Defense Department officials have questioned the directive.

2 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Isn’t it actually more racist to suggest an intelligence test is racist when the OP on this thought didn’t bring race into the discussion? Why are you assuming that minorities have lower intelligence?

i'm playing the democrat here...play along.

Cultists.  It is too late for Dear Leader.  This is what happens when you polarize the nation. No opportunity to rebound. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/06/politics/donald-trump-joe-biden-cnn-poll/index.html

Donald Trump is losing by 16 in a new CNN poll. And that's not the worst news.

That honor goes to this: 9 in 10 likely voters (90%) in the CNN poll say that their minds are made up when it comes to which candidate they will be voting for this fall. A meager 8% of those likely voters said they might change their mind while 1% (who are these people???) said they had no preference between the candidates as of yet.
What that number makes clear is that there just aren't all that many persuadable voters out there. Which makes sense. Trump has been the most polarizing president in American history -- essentially driving weak partisans and people who thought of themselves as independents into the Republican or Democrat camps. (According to Gallup, 89% of Republicans approved of the job Trump did in his third year in office while just 7% of Democrats felt the same -- an 82-point delta.)
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MrEdway said:

Looks to me like Trump has exposed the scamdemic for what it is. Pure politics. 

Sure.

Yup.

Absolutely.

Of course, he didn't politicize his infection by going on a joy ride outside of the hospital.

Naw.

Nope. 

Absolutely not.

2 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

We literally have a higher chance of being killed by an asteroid than dieing of the 'rona.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.popularmechanics.com/space/solar-system/amp33753168/election-day-asteroid-truth/

Should we go on full planet lockdown just in case?

Will my magic cloth bioshield protect me?

#DuckandCover

How many people have been killed by an asteroid just asking.

On 5/30/2020 at 5:31 PM, Walsh Hall said:

Was on CNBC yesterday in regard to the unemployment claims and the difficulty businesses are having in hiring folks because they are receiving way more by not working.   There is a proposal to pay those that go back to work $450/week on top of their wage to help make up the difference between their working wage and the unemployment they are receiving.

the difficulty is still difficult 4 MONTHS later...................

3 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

It was in the past, so it must be in the future.  That's a pessimistic take on the advancement of society.

Should there be a voting test?  No, but it'd be nice to weed out the morons of every race.

The past is always a warning about the future.